90 Integra help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

detailer57

We now have a 90 Integra.
We are experiencing the following problems.
First the car sat for a while, so the fuel was not the best. It had a 1/4 tank of fuel, we added premium unleaded, fuel additive, new plugs.

1) Sometimes the car cranks and does not start, spark, yes, fuel, seems to be. I can smell it when I open the air box.
Sometimes it starts no problem. Once running, it is fine. Runs good, but can still tell the car needs to be driven.

2) Radiator fan will not turn off. This started after we degreased the engine.

Question.
I have not yet looked to see what type of diagnostic connector it has.
I have a program in my pc to diagonse my 89 Chev. I have the cable that connects to the diagnostic terminal in my Chev. Is the Acura the same.
Where do I go to acquire codes etc.

Any help would be great.

Mark

On the passenger side under the dash lift the carpet and the ECU is there. If it has it there should be a little round hole it it and when the car is on if it is throwing any codes you will see a red LED light up in the hole. In the reference section of these forums is a list of codes.

i'd try adjusting the ditributor... cuz when i went and picked up my 93 coupe it owuld start right up then wouldnt start at all... would turn over but not start... try adjusting it.. it would take like 2 min....

cuz like u said the car hasnt ran for awhile try advancing it while someone is turning it over.. i had the same problem with my 93 coupe when i went to go picked it up cuz the guy bought it from a auction and didnt know shit about cars.... it would turn over but wouldnt start... so i adjusted the ignition timing a lil and started right up everytime... try buying new plugs and stuff do the basic tune up... and if that doesnt work then start to look at other things...

Most importantly, clean out all the engine harness connector plugs and make sure they are dry when you put them back on. Than check the cables for the starting/charging systems. Battery to ground, battery to alternator, to starter... etc. Make sure the connections are clean and not loose.

Did all of the above except advance/retard the timing.

I did all the basic stuff. What I am looking for is some insight as to the odd-ball things.

Yeah Serious It Will Help I Use To Have A 91 Integra And I Advanced It Just A Bit And Got Someone Else To Start It...it Cranked An Boggleded A Bit And Then Started Took A Bit

I have the same car and i had the same problem with it not starting. It is the main fuel relay underneath the dashboard. Where exactly it is, i do not know but that will cure the problem.

1. Have you used up all the bad gas yet? Maybe you have a small gas leak?

2. Check the fan relay and fuse.

Back