90 integra won't start?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

othree

i was driving my integra just having fun with my new exedy clutch and flywheel. that i got about a month ago, and went for it down my street. then i went home and parked, but when i went back out to start the car it wouldn't start????it's not the batt. or the alternator, or even the starter..it's acting like it's getting no power. i try to turn it over and the rpms just bounce up and down and humm. but then engine doesn't even try to turn over. i checked every fuse. i just don't know where else to look. got any suggestions?????:confused:

start with the obvious stuff check the main fuse, it's like 50 or 100 amp or something like that, it's the largest one (amperage wise) under the hood, check the battery, if the battery has about 12 volts then do a test on the battery to see if it is good, you say it's good, but it may not be.
I tend to lean toward it being the alternator because you said you drove it (which takes power) then shut it off and then it's dead.
Then check your wires, positive and negative cables, then check the big starter wire and then the small starter wire, then check the alternator wire.
check your engine grounds, if they are loose or broken then there isn't a way to complete the high amperage circuit to the battery, the one you need to check is on the tranny and runs to the pass side subframe right under the battery.
a way to test the starter (if the battery is good) is to take a piece of wire about 4 foot long and hook it to where the SMALL wire on the starter is, and then touch it to the positive terminal on the battery, this will tell you if the starter is actually working or not.
If all of this check out, but doesnt' solve your problem, then there is either a problem with your starter relay (if equipped) or the ignition switch itself

hey im haven the same prob i was wondering if you fixed yours??

Back