90 ls civic shift linkage help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh807

hey guys, to start this out, im just gonna state, i looked and couldn't find the exact info i needed, and im broke and strapped for time, so i can buy linkages.. neways.. i have the engine in the car already, running and ready to go, i just need to do the linkages and the exhaust :D . what i wanted to know, is there any way of using the old civic linkages, or a combination of the linkages from a 1990 teg rs. i know you can fab up the teg ones, but the shift pin wouldn't come out of the old ones, so that end is a little.. well... ya di grinder boys.. what can i say..

can i use the stock shift linkage end for the shift pin, and use the brace side from the integra? maybee resize the links to work? or do both ends need to be from the integra?

I'm useing a GSR shifter in my crx, and needed to widen the linkage(where the bolt slids through IT and the shifter).
With that being said, I believe you can use the
LS linkage- Just cut and bend appropariately.

Or make your own-
EF/LS combo- I don't know if the transmission side of the linkages are the same(as far as the keeper pin size), but I think it would work if you used the EF linkage on the shifter side and the LS on the transmission side.

You'll just have to cut them in half(of course measuring 100 times before doing so), and weld them together.

ya, well i'd asume that it would be feesable to do, seeing as they are already bent the rite way, u'd just have to change the ends.. but im hoping the shift pin side is the same size even if i have to change the legnth as the dx tranny, cause i screwed up my integra one :S

Back