90 non v tech to v tech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think the turbo route would be fun for now i got a spare f22a1 i can turbo over winter and see how it goes

I think that would be a great idea, especially if you already have an extra F22 to play around with. That way you can see what boost is all about and decide if that's definitely the way you want to go or not.

alright i just read this whole thing, and i am an honest person, and i gotta tell ya buddy, it u got V TEC and V TECH mixed up, twice, then don't f_-K with hondas at all, sorry bro, my opinion, AND i love hondas to death BUT its an accord, sell it, buy a teg, hatch or two door, and make sure its a V TEC and not a V TECH

Are you kidding me?!

A 90 Accord with an H22 engine swap, even with the ACCORD trans puts it into the 14's in a 1/4 mile. Put the H22 trans in there too and you'd be at a low 14 second 1/4 mile with an unmodified H22. Get your info straight before you post some shit that isn't true.

Yeah don't listen to him.. he obviously has no clue what he's talking about!

I would personally leave it alone.. swapping the head will not make you much power at all. Is there something wrong with your head or are you just looking to make more power?

more power i have a spare f22 i want to mess around with and theres a junk yard i can get parts fairly cheap ex i got an f22a1 for 350 with 92 thou

I would really look into an H22 swap if I was you.. for barely over 1000 bucks (or less) you can make a good 70% more power over the F22.

As far as the 97 Accord head I really don't think it would be worth the time/money to mess with for the little bit, if any, power you'll get from it.

Any OBD1 H22 is what you want.. depends on if you're going JDM or US. USDM you need a 96 or older, but I'm not sure if the years are the same in Japan. As long as it is OBD1 it will work for you, and you'll need the engine + ECU and possibly an ECU conversion harness for the basic swap. I did the swap on a 91 Accord and we didn't need the conversion harness, but haven't tried it on a 90 yet. The H22 transmission will make it faster, but your Accord 5 spd will mate to the H22 block if you're looking to save money.

saving money is good for now till i can afford that tranny but the motor and wiring harness are the same 90 thru 93 cause i pulled the 90 motor out n put a 93 motor in it so u think ill still need the conversion kit

I'm pretty sure the 90 Accord was OBD0 and the 91+ was OBD1.. but if so the conversion harness only adds a little over $100 to the cost so it's still not a bad deal. You'll make way more power swapping that in your car than you could trying to built the F series to compete with it.

Did you swap the ECU when you put in the 93 engine?

But are you still running the stock ECU, or did you upgrade that as well? If the ECU is still the original you'll probably need the conversion harness.

Back