90 non v tech to v tech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

still stock ecu ..........? off the h22 topic my check engine light comes on after the car has reached a certain temp any clue as to y ??

Not without pulling the code.. try uncovering your ECU and see if it has a small window in the top cover with a red LED inside. If so, turn the key to the ON position and it will start blinking the code(s) that are stored in it. The long blinks count as 10 and the short blinks are 1.. so if you get a series of say 5 short blinks it is a code 5, a long blink followed by 2 short ones is 12, etc. It will repeat all the codes continuously after it is finished as well.

If you do have that on your ECU that confirms it is an OBD0 as well, which means you will need the OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness for the H22. You can find them at Rywire - Online Store

Yes, but the H-Series and F-Series are related, you can interchange parts between the two. And just because one motor is dual cam and the other is single cam doesn't mean you can't swap heads between the two.

what do you mean you can change parts from singles and dual??

Mechanically it should fit, although I'm not 100% sure, but that is an OBD2 head which would create a lot of problems with the wiring. If you are looking to swap heads stay with something that is a 95 or older so you are running OBD1. I suppose you could always convert the 98 head back to OBD1 as well, but I don't think it's worth the effort & money. Keep in mind you're still going to need a conversion harness & ECU either way you go, so I still think the H22 longblock would be best for you considering the time, effort, and money involved.

ok my friend has a h22 for 500 but it has a bad rod bearing and im not one to rebuild a motor so im not to sure on that though but i am going to call the junk yard today and see what they have as far as motor and ecu

I wouldn't pay 500 with a spun bearing.. you can get a JDM long block out here for 900.

Are you kidding me?!

A 90 Accord with an H22 engine swap, even with the ACCORD trans puts it into the 14's in a 1/4 mile. Put the H22 trans in there too and you'd be at a low 14 second 1/4 mile with an unmodified H22. Get your info straight before you post some shit that isn't true.
alright smart guy wanna talk shit, umm let me ask u sumthing, wats drag racing, ur prob. going racing straight line, no dip shit, its not its waight to power, go ahead have put the H22 in an accord with the tranny, the motherfucker is heavy as hell, comparing to hatch, or a teg, so nice going douch

alright smart guy wanna talk shit, umm let me ask u sumthing, wats drag racing, ur prob. going racing straight line, no dip shit, its not its waight to power, go ahead have put the H22 in an accord with the tranny, the motherfucker is heavy as hell, comparing to hatch, or a teg, so nice going douch

Uh no, you're the douche here, and you need to shut the fuck up.

You need to check your facts before you start running your mouth. Not everything you said is exactly true.

First of all, A 93 Accord sedan weighs about 3000 lbs even. A 94-97 Integra weighs about 2700 lbs.

If you take the F22 out of the Accord and replace it with the H22, you're not really adding a lot of weight to the car, so you're still looking at roughly 3000 lbs.

If you take the H22 motor and tranny and put it into the Integra however, you're adding about 100 lbs, so the weight is gonna end up closer to the Accord's, and you're gonna end up with similar 1/4 mile times; the Integra will be only slightly faster.

A 92-95 Civic coupe weights about 2500 lbs, give or take depending on options. Replacing the tiny D-series drivetrain with the H22 motor and tranny, you're gonna be adding a good amount of weight to the car. It will be slightly faster than the Integra and the Accord, but not a ton faster.

The 92-95 hatchback is the only chassis that will have a real weight advantage over a 90-93 Accord, since the various models range from 2000 lbs even to 2100 lbs.

So the hatchback is really the only one that will be significantly faster due to power-to-weight ratios. The Integra? Not so much...

Second, not everybody is interested in building a drag car, and not everyone's interested in building a Civic or Integra either.

The H22 swap into a 90-93 Accord really does make sense. Like norcalgsr said, it will make the car significantly faster, and a whole lot more fun to drive. Not everybody wants to build their ride into a stripped-down drag-racing only car. Some of us just want a clean, comfortable daily driver that also has "ooomph" to it. The H22 into an Accord accomplishes just that.

Plus, since the Accord and Prelude are related, an H22 is a bolt-in swap to the Accord. You can drop it in, bolt it up, and you're good to go. You can easily keep your A/C and power steering too.

Try putting an H22 into a Civic or Integra. It's a tight fit into the engine bay, it's harder to keep your accessories (although certainly not impossible) and, on top of all that, you have to hack up your floor to install the H22 tranny or buy an expensive adapter plate so you can use a B-series tranny on it.

You really need to get your shit straight before you open your mouth from now on. I would certainly trust anything that norcalgsr says over your stupid, uninformed ass...

I really don't even know what the hell you are trying to say since you can't manage to write a legible sentence, but I don't see anybody mentioning drag racing anywhere in this post besides you. Furthermore, the OP was asking what he could do to make his Accord faster so your first post about selling his car for a Civic or Integra is worthless anyway.

Do you even know how much a 1990 Accord EX weighs? Anything other than a pre-1995 civic is going to be within a few hundred pounds of it. A 1990 Integra weighs almost 2600lb, and they only get heavier from there. And obviously a car with a better power to weight ratio will be faster anybody with half a brain knows that. Considering I have personally swapped an H22 into a 4th Gen Accord and have seen what it is capable of, and watched it walk my modified GSR, you need to go get your facts straight before you try to start an argument and sound like a fucking moron.. :thumbsdown: to you.

Last edited:
i am sorry since when honda swap was a fucking english class??? norcalgsr i have nothing against u, u helped me out previously and i thank you for it and i hope u could help me again, my point is ass hols like that dude that is lightly confused about hondas and kid toys should not be fucking with hondas cuz ass holes like him, give everyone like us a bad name,and keeping APC in bussniess i am not saying i am mr. know it all, but i know enough to help someone, i had a H22 swap into a civic, i am buliding a LS/Vtec into my teg, right now, as matter of fact i am on here cuz i am taking a cig break from working on it, my shit is straight, i know most, but never all, my shit thank you and have a fucking nice evening, and for the guys on top of u who tried to be smart and give facts from some website, u said it ass hole same swap into a hatch or teg will be faster, now do me a fucking favor, go back to my first post and see wat i told him to do, get his toys right, and his car right, and get a civic, hatch, or a teg, and u said it would be faster, now do me another fucking favor and SHUT UR FUCKING MOUTH

Last edited:
i am sorry since when honda swap was a fucking english class??? norcalgsr i have nothing against u, u helped me out previously and i thank you for it and i hope u could help me again, my point is ass hols like that dude that is lightly confused about hondas and kid toys should not be fucking with hondas cuz ass holes like him, give everyone like us a bad name,and keeping APC in bussniess i am not saying i am mr. know it all, but i know enough to help someone, i had a H22 swap into a civic, i am buliding a LS/Vtec into my teg, right now, as matter of fact i am on here cuz i am taking a cig break from working on it, my shit is straight, i know most, but never all, my shit thank you and have a fucking nice evening, and for the guys on top of u who tried to be smart and give facts from some website, u said it ass hole same swap into a hatch or teg will be faster, now do me a fucking favor, go back to my first post and see wat i told him to do, get his toys right, and his car right, and get a civic, hatch, or a teg, and u said it would be faster, now do me another fucking favor and SHUT UR FUCKING MOUTH

1.) You don't have to be a spelling champion to post here, but at least try and make it somewhat readable for us.

2.) Actually APC did go out of business. They filed for bankruptcy. That's why you don't see there stuff for sale very much anymore.

3.) The point of the info I gave you was to say that yes, it will be faster into a hatchback, but a Civic coupe or Integra? No, not really so much, just a little tiny bit. The information you gave wasn't exactly accurate, and I was correcting that. The 90-93 Accord really isn't that bad of a platform. It only weighs a little bit more than an Integra, and it's got double wishbones just like Civics and Integras.

4.) You busted in on this guy's thread, made fun of him, and basically told him that modifying his car is stupid and pointless. IT'S NOT POINTLESS YOU JACKASS! IF IT MAKES HIM HAPPY THEN IT'S NOT POINTLESS!

Like I said, not everybody wants to have the fastest Honda in the world, and not everybody wants to have a little tiny hatchback that goes super fast on the drag strip but isn't practical to drive daily. If somebody wants to drop an H22 into their Accord and make it more fun but still practical what the hell does it matter to you? And just because he wants to mod his Accord doesn't mean he's a ricer. I remember a very nice H22 Accord featured in HondaTuning about a year ago as a matter of fact.

The point here is that if you don't have anything nice to say, then why say anything at all? There was no reason to trash the poor guy the way you did, he was just asking for advice. All you did was make yourself look a huge asshole, even more so since the information you gave wasn't 100% accurate.

Enjoy your cancer stick, douche...

Last edited:
Back