90 si B16B (ctr) engine swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 JDM SI

i have a 1990 civic si hatch and i want to swap in a B16B ctr motor but im not exactly sure on everything i need and what to do i am going to buy the full swap from JDM engine depot but other than that what should i get?

Conversion mounts, axles, and shift linkage for starters. One thing i don't know about is on the b16b transmission if it is a shaft type linkage like most older honda cars or if it uses a cable shifter like the newer accords. Also I believe that the ctr transmission uses a hydraulic clutch so you will need to work out something for that or buy a cable to hydro conversion for it.

Last edited:
IMO run a OBD0 B16 Dizzy, Alt, and injectors (but there are other ways) You will also need a chipped OBD1 ECU that has a correct base map for you car (plus the harness jumper) Along with the conversion mounts, axles, and custom shift linkage for a B series in an EF. You also need to research or pay someone to make you a engine harness from your Si one and the B16B (or for a OBD0 B16 parts like I mentioned before)

You'll need the driver's side engine bracket(the part that bolts to the block) and the rear engine bracket(m/t) from a '90-'93 Integra.
If you're serious about doing the swap and have the cash for a large order, hit up Brian at swapshopracing.com. That's where I got all my parts and he does great hook ups for package deals.

Back