90 si no go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFDX

91 si had intermittant no go, now its not running at all, car is bone stock, it has spark, has fuel pressure, no CEL, strong battery, full of coolant, ran well until it didnt start
any ideas welcomed and apretiated

after about 30 mins of trying to start it, it finally put out a code, code 15, i swaped the ignitor from a b18a1 in the dizzy and it runs now, thanx

weird that you has spark and fuel this whole time.

if this ever happens again, the first thing to check is the main fuel relay. the solder in there cracks over time, happens very often. the second thing to check is the distributor. obd0 honda distributors suck, especially in hot climates. glad you got yours running so quickly.

i first suspected the relay but i swapped it out with a known good one but it still did not go, so i put the original one back in. i even opened them up to compare... i don't know if the ignitor unit in the dizzy gradually weakens to failure, or just fails but it took quite a while to set a code, btw i swapped the spark plugs from my daily 90 DX with the ones from the SI after the ignitor swap but before i attempted to see if the ignitor swap worked...but the SI plugs are runnig fine in my DX, also the SI has a blown head gasket...basically what im saying is i don't know if the plugs made the ignitor fail, but i wouldn't be suprised

Back