'90 Si...what should I do with it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djyox

I was just wondering if I should race it? I mean if so should I keep the motor thats in it or drop in something else like that FREE 302 I picked up? if not, give me some ideas, I have this thing, or well my buddy does but I can get it back easy enough, let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: PS! I ment SCCA/drag....either way let me know, maybe I should make a poll?

yeah well I want to road race it, but I dunno, also does the 90 si have rear disks? I didn't think so but someone asked me that..and to be honest I have never looked, just assumed they were drum

90 Si should have rear discs... I know the 90-91 CRX Si has rear discs while the 88-89 do not, but I don't know about the hatch.

You could turbo what you have and get some good power/torque out of it, or you could build a nice mini-me setup too and race that on the road course.

Hatch's didn't get disks on the Si's until 92. :(

I did the teg swap on mine, and I'm ABOUT to get the Fastbrakes 11" rears for it... actually ordering them tomorrow. ;)

I'd say race the stock engine. When it gets tired, drop in a SOHC VTEC. It bolts right in using all the stock parts, you just need the Z-Dyne ECU with the one wire VTEC conversion. $250 or $300 + your ECU, and it contains the EG Si/EX tune.

Sometimes I wish I had done this on my ride. It's a GREAT platform, and if the car is clean, it makes for a VERY comfy and attractive to the eye daily driver.

ED9 hatchbacks are the last of the "sporty" "edgy" Civic's in my mind. When they rounded everything out, they got more girly, but they were still cool... Just not as sporty.

put some light as rims some sticky tires and a bad fucking ass suspension on it and go rip Corvettes apart at autoXing events.

That's my two cents.

actualy its not, the motor was blown for a few years so it didn't get much salt on it though its life the body is very clean, for the year I would believe its a az car

Back