90 talon tsi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright so this weekend I'm most likely trading my civic for a 90 talon tsi. it's got a new 16g turbo, front mount, blow off, clutch, a few other things, but really what I'm wondering about is...it has either stuck or bad lifters. Is there a way I can tell if it's really a bad lifter or if it's a spun bearing or anything like that. Also I know it's not good for it but what kind of damage could happen if I drove it home from his house (about ~15 miles away) just high way driving.

thanks

there is no good that can come of this decision

you are walking head on into a nightmare and a money pit the likes of which you can not comprehend

turn back now

that is all.

yeah it's true, I was talking to a few guys and they told me not even to waste my time. I actually ended up buying a b20 instead, who would have guessed?

DONT do it I went through that stage. I had two DSM AWD a91 and 94. I worked on both night and day just to keep them running. If it wasnt an oil leak then something else was going wrong. then the timing belt snapped on the 91' and 2 months later threw a rod on the 94...didnt even get a chance to do any performance work to them. so i stuck with my honda never had any probs other than minor maintenance

Last edited:
man, how people can charge blindly into a months-old thread and post like it's still relevant is beyond me.

Back