90 teg issues FIXED!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a long history of fixing things like that. almost every honda i have ever owned has come with clustered wiring somewhere. Glad to hear you fixed it before it actually started a fire.

There's only one timing belt,What ecu r u running with this setup?and is the wiring harness hacked together, If it is I would just replace it with a rywire harness or a good aftermarket swap harness for my a6 swap I used monotech and it worked good this guy knows his stuff Honda/Acura Harness Conversions

I know there is one timing belt im not a moron sorry I made it sound like more then one ecu is pr3 and no the only thing half ass I guess is the vtec is wired to ecu but thats pretty common practice

I Never said you were a moron I don't know if you had ever done a timing belt stabbing a belt wrong is a very common practice too, just trying to help pr3 obd0 or obd1 looks like pr3j** is obd0 and the pr3-003 is obd1.

Ok got new dizzy today fixed my code 8 swapped out tps with a old one I had didnt work had hell of a time tryn to start the car had to cover the bottom hole in the TB and then she fire over and start pretty good now im lost and kind of confused looking to buy new tps but I not sure what one to get for obd 0 also I cant seem to get any power to the plug or maybe in and out switching tps around the cel would go off then come back so I dont know

Found my fitv wasnt even screwed in so car idles normal but have to spray some startee fluid to get it to start fuel pump kicks on and I can hear main relay clicking ill have new tps on Wednesday will update then

Cant get power to my tps and I get one pulse to my injectors car will start with starting fluid swapped ecu im so lost have no idea where to start at this point

Last edited:
Update car wont start no fuel pump prime no relay click bought a new one same thing and cel staya on but no codes thrown think im not getting power I dont know where to start beyond frustrated at this point

Check the grounds for the main relay. Also is it the CEL on the dash that is staying on or the Red LED on the ecu that is staying on?

Ill check grounds tomorrow no light on ecu just dash I followed the wire that grounded and caused all of this went into a clip thats part of the fuse block under dash its black yellow wire and goes into my ignition in the steering column could a bad ignition switch cause this no power situation?

possibly, normally when the ignition switch goes bad you will lose power to the whole dash not just the main relay. I had a problem like this once on a crx that was a broken wire between the ecu and the main relay. I think it was a black/green wire but I don't remember for sure.

Thats what I thought to but ive read that its rare but does happen giving it was a short that caused this and ecu and relay are new ill give it a shot found one for 45 so worth the try imo wont be here till monday Ill update then and thnx for stickn with me through this

Well nothing I get 2 of the 3 clicks from main relay 1 when you turn key and when tryn to start cel stays on

Last edited:
Yes thank you I put different injectors in before work helped a little. I will get new spark plug wires this week. Heres where im at now when the car is cold have to feather the throttle or it just bogs no power or jerks like crazy once it is warmed up to temp its way better still bogs if you give it the onion lol if I do so before 5k it will stop there once you get past 5-6k it will go but doesnt seem to have any power. Timing is good check it again last night buy ignition timing I cant move the dizzy far enough its on the white line above the red one not the tdc line but cam crank timing is on so im noy sure how that works

Could a failing altanator cause this bog issue I left work tonight letten the car warm up and when I let off the gas and rpm dropped lower then 1500 everything dimmed big time once I tapped the gas up past 1500 everything came back to life.

Check the alternator and the battery. Having bad electrical supply can cause all kinds of problems. Do you notice any flicker in the head lights when you have a high demand on the electrical system?

Back