90 teg issues FIXED!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No difference when changing ports I guess you call it and to answer your map wire question its yellow red,green white,white

I messed with a map vacuum and with the map plugged in cant even drive get anywhere near 3k rpm and lose all power till it stalls out ive checked TB gasket and intake with carb cleaner no changes but has to be a leak in there somewhere doesnt make sense to me

Just for anyone that has this problem be a member or google search haha I havnt given up been busy and now its neg degrees out im going to find the answer

i don't think this is an air leak. My gut feeling is telling me it is an electrical problem. When you unplug the map sensor and it sets code 3 you are throwing the ecu into limp mode. the fact that it runs better in limp mode suggests to me that the computer is getting bad data from one of the sensors that it ignores when it enters limp mode. the fun thing is it may have nothing to do with the map sensor itself.

Well wth couls it be I get no cel less map unplugged

Only sensors come to mind would be 02,air intake temp,maybe iacv (think thats right)
It makes sense to me what your saying I cant even get it started right now it wanted to but then engine started to shake like hell but wouldnt fully start
Was looking around on the net found that maybe a knock sensor? But his is a subaru but he is having same type of problem

Last edited:
ok. I will do a little research at work and see if i can dig up any helpful info for you.

This car is something else car wants to start gives a few good kicks then and then nothing it will backfire out of the tail pipe rotor is good cleaned plugs fuel pump comes on
One day ran ok next day wont start ive read that maybe the dizzy but I just got it a few months ago no codes car just not giving me any leads

Im converting to obd1 in January been reading this "famous b16a hesitation" as its called seems to never get fixed until they upgrade to obd1 being I need to for my build plans anyway might as well try and if that dont work least I will have easier time data logging and narrowing down this situation will definitely update once this is complete

Still been reading around. Ive come across that a weak ground could be causing my bog it makes some sense to me. havent had much time to really run it down being its been cold as all hell and work haha

Finally went to obd1 haven't really got to drive it yet but I have a code 20 for electronic load detector never even heard of this. Is it a big problem?

Ok feel dumb ya don't have one but in my looking of things I found I have cut wires in my harness but don't seem to have an idea of where they go and I can't find any color type diagram one is green with silver dash the other is blue red with red dash

Ok feel dumb ya don't have one but in my looking of things I found I have cut wires in my harness but don't seem to have an idea of where they go and I can't find any color type diagram one is green with silver dash the other is blue red with red dash
Where are they at on the engine harn?

After many months of trial an error and beating my head against the wall going obd1 definitely helped with the starting issues replaced alternator and fuel pump it was weak teggy runs tip top and pulls hard thanks guys for your help

Back