90 teg w/ B16 cable to hydro conversion Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THEUSED

Alrigtht my buddy has a 90 teg withe a SiR B16 in iit without LSD and he has a 99-00 SI tranny in his garage now his cable pull is going to shit and the hydro is just sitting there.

What mods are needed to make the hydro go in the teg, does he need to get new axles cause all he has is the tranny no clutch no axles etc does all that stuff swap over or does he need to get 99-00 axles etc.

The cable pull has a Stage 2 clutch in it does that swap over?

Just curious but his cable pull comes out of gear in 2nd at klow rpm what is causing that the synchros?

Originally posted by THEUSED@Oct 1 2004, 08:02 PM
Alrigtht my buddy has a 90 teg withe a SiR B16 in iit without LSD and he has a 99-00 SI tranny in his garage now his cable pull is going to shit and the hydro is just sitting there.

What mods are needed to make the hydro go in the teg, does he need to get new axles cause all he has is the tranny no clutch no axles etc does all that stuff swap over or does he need to get 99-00 axles etc.

The cable pull has a Stage 2 clutch in it does that swap over?

Just curious but his cable pull comes out of gear in 2nd at klow rpm what is causing that the synchros?
[post=397364]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm pretty sure the axles will fit just stock, though I'm not sure if the number of splines on the inner joints for the cable trannies are the same as those for the hydro trannies. For the hydro-conversion, do NOT get the kit from hasport, as many of the people on g2ic that have the kit do not like the feel of it at all. Most people that have done the swap will recommend just getting the master cylinder from a donor car and just run a hard hydraulic line to the slave cylinder. As for the clutch, the pressure plate will probably be just fine, but you will need a friction disc for a hydro b-series tranny. The problem he has sounds like he may have tried a few too many "powershifts" and grinded up his gears. His synchros are also probably fried, but that is a different story altogether. I'd sell the si tranny and get a type R or at least a gsr, as the ratios are a bit better. just my .02

Ima do the same thing ima put a 99-00 Civic Si tranny on my DA, im gonna get the Hasport Converter. Ofcourse its gonna feel driffrent. You just have to Adjust intill its right for you. The only thing thats holding me bak is that i dont know wat mount to use wen i put it in am i gonna use the My 90 integra tranny mount or the 99-00 Civic Si tranny mount im still looking bro hit me up if you installed it yet

Uh dude? Check the date on stuff before you post from now on. This thread is going on 4 years old...

DDDAaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnggggg,, i hella missed that crap. Thnx buddy! haha ey but do you know wat i should used my 90 Da mount or the 99-00 Civic Si mount?

Back