91 Accord H22A Swap help?!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accordh22a

I have a 91 Accord with an H22a and I cant get it to run well no matter what I do. I swapped out the ECU for a P28 equivalent because the regular P13 was all corroded and fried out. The closest thing I can compare how it runs now is that it sounds like a lawnmower and it runs very rich. When the P13 fried out, I thought it ran out of gas (This was a day after I bought it and I had no clue if the fuel gauge was working or not) and my friend filled up the gas can with unleaded instead of premium. I don't think that would make the car run rich or anything like that. I have replaced the dizzy cap and rotor. I'm at a loss right now and I don't know where to begin looking for this problem. Anyone have any ideas to fix this?

Get the correct ECU for that motor. If you have any codes, fix them. Make sure your firing order is correct and the timing is set.

well the ecu i bought was made for my motor. i have 3 different chips for it, two throw codes and one doesnt. and could someone tell me the correct firing order? google wont give me a straight up answer.

1-3-4-2. This took me 10 seconds to look up.

firingorder.jpg

Yeah, I tried that firing order... funny story actually. A cop came down the driveway because he thought my friends and I were burning leaves, as he was walking up the driveway I tried to start my car with this firing order and a HUGE backfire erupted from my car and the cop almost pulled his gun on me... If that is the correct firing order, why would that happen?

Back