91 Accord LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sixstringmethod

okay so I have a 91 LX with the stock F22A1 that has been sitting for over a year and the upper half of the engine is taken apart. I have recently found out through much research on various forums that my water pump was the culprit for my engine shooting out water and coolant. I am trying to determine if I should continue taking the engine apart and rebuilding it and replacing the water pump or just replacing the water pump and putting back together the top half of the engine with new seals. The engine currently only has 104K on it and I am not sure if it is fully needing a complete rebuild. I would like some suggestions and opinions on this matter. Also if I do decide to do a rebuild this will be the first time I have done a complete engine rebuild by myself and I would appreciate if anyone has any thoughts or advice on how to complete this process the easiest(ie:which parts SHOULD be replaced and which parts COULD be if I choose but aren't necessary to do so). Also I know I am going to need to drain and replace the fuel in the tank and lines as it has been sitting for soo long. Any opinions on the best way to drain?

Back