91 accord missing between 1500 and 2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jims91

i have a 91 accord ex and have a problem it misses between 1500 and 2000 rpms after it gets to operating temp. i have replaced plugs,wires,cap,rotor,coil,and ignitor nothing seems to help.it only misses at this rpm. any suggestions would be helpful.thanks

i would have someone kick the idle up to 1900 once its warmed up and then pull some plug wires...

my guess is that the distributor is getting hot and acting up...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 30 2004, 12:12 PM
i would have someone kick the idle up to 1900 once its warmed up and then pull some plug wires...

my guess is that the distributor is getting hot and acting up...
[post=439171]Quoted post[/post]​

i replaced the distributor with remanufactured and same problem was there i havent pulled the wires of yet!

hmmm, interesting....

sounds like everything is new on the spark side of things, so it could be an injector is fucking up, but that doesn;t make sense for it to only hppen in that range...

did you check your timing with a timing light?
or if you don't have one you can loosen the three distributor bolts and rev the motor with your hand on the throttle and rotate the distributor to see if the idle gets better in your bog range...?

well, if it wasn;t ngk i might have suggested switching, but you already got that under control...

let us know how your timing is... and how the spark plug wire test goes...

check you TPS with a DVOM for a flat spot or get a stethoscope(sp?) and listen to your injectors at that RPM to see if one sounds weird. what about a vaccum leak?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 30 2004, 03:26 PM
well, if it wasn;t ngk i might have suggested switching, but you already got that under control...

[post=439236]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i took each wire off at a time and all 4 acted the same and also the timing i read in the manual that you need to un hook a plug under the passenger side kick panel didnt find the plug what color will the wires be or does it need to be unhooked to checked thanks for the help

Originally posted by jims91+Dec 30 2004, 07:51 PM-->
reckedracing
@Dec 30 2004, 03:26 PM

[post=439236]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i took each wire off at a time and all 4 acted the same and also the timing i read in the manual that you need to un hook a plug under the passenger side kick panel didnt find the plug what color will the wires be or does it need to be unhooked to checked thanks for the help
[post=439314]Quoted post[/post]​

also i checked for vaccum leak i didnt find any i let it warm up and it seemed better in the garage it didnt seem to miss as much so i took it down the road it felt better till i got back and it really acted up.so i put it in park and it was noticable but then pulled the emergency brake and put it in drive and that is when its bad under a load.

Back