91 accord, need some help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright, I just bought a 91 Accord LX. It's mainly all stock as far as I know except it has an aftermarket Air Intake. I'm completely noob as to what needs replaced to get the best preformance out of my car. I have the cash to overhaul this car, just not the brains. (i.e. my username) I've been hearing alot about vtec and how it works. I would like to know what to get for my car to make it the street racer it could be. Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks.

well, the only way your gona be happy i thinks is either turbo whats you have or drop a h22a in there

your already at a site that has tons of info on the swap. try the search up at the top of the page.the h22a is from a jdm prelude it will drop right in your car.

im sure you know what you're talking about but are you POSITIVE that an h22a will fall into my car? I mean from waht I'm reading it's for 94-97 accords. Just...wonderin.

thanks for the rep. and yes its perty much your only choice unless you turbo your stock motor or dump some serious $$$$. to give you a ideal of what it will be like a stock h22a in your car will beat this piss out of a gt mustang

on hmotorsonline.com it doesnt specify whethere they're auto or man just says "hydraulic" and do I want the long block or no? sorry for so many noob questions, I feel retarded.

DOH my bad...further down the list it says "clutch" so ... nvm.

Last edited:
eh...I have to do a tranny swap at the same time..so yea. It's auto atm. Like I said, I have the cash. I want the long block? Why's that? There's only one long block on the site. and it doesn't come with a tranny.

right thats why its called a long block, its just the motor no tranny, you want the full sap in the link i posted..but it sounds like you got some work to do, converting it to 5spd and all. how many miles is on your stock motor

yea it's got like 380k miles on the stock engine...but I'm replacing all the interior and under the hood before anything gets thrown on body wise. Dont need my car stolen cause it's "hott" anyway, so yea I know I've got alot of work to do and I have alot of time to do it. I work at a paint/body shop where there's always an open lift and a couple jack-offs standing around to help with somethin. also have the time to do it..I'm homeschooled. >.<

Back