91 accord, need some help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok well get u started with a lil list

- do the auto to 5speed swap.

- pickup the h22 from hmotors or wherever u wud like to.

- ur gonna want an aftermarket header i might b wrong but the h22 one wont fit or somtn like that.

- also ur gonna wanna do ur exhaust system u can get a cat-back setup theres enough of them around the net or u can jus get it custom made at an exhuast shop run about 2.5 inch dat shud b good.

- ur probably gonna wanna lower ur car by now so get the tein basic full coilovers or there arent that many manufactures making these for accords so i jus said tein cuz every1 knows about it an u can find it there.

- o an dont forget to get ur cold air intake u can get the aem 1 or u can make a cheaper alternative but lose the stock intake dat thing wont get u far.

if i missed anything im sure som1 will say somthin but dat is pretty much a level 1 for modding ur car for now.

ok well get u started with a lil list

- do the auto to 5speed swap.

- pickup the h22 from hmotors or wherever u wud like to.

- ur gonna want an aftermarket header i might b wrong but the h22 one wont fit or somtn like that.

- also ur gonna wanna do ur exhaust system u can get a cat-back setup theres enough of them around the net or u can jus get it custom made at an exhuast shop run about 2.5 inch dat shud b good.

- ur probably gonna wanna lower ur car by now so get the tein basic full coilovers or there arent that many manufactures making these for accords so i jus said tein cuz every1 knows about it an u can find it there.

- o an dont forget to get ur cold air intake u can get the aem 1 or u can make a cheaper alternative but lose the stock intake dat thing wont get u far.

if i missed anything im sure som1 will say somthin but dat is pretty much a level 1 for modding ur car for now.

The H22's header will work just fine, and it's actually a pretty decently-designed factory manifold. Also, there are plenty of suspension options for the Accord (Tokico, Eibach, Omni, H&R, Neuspeed, etc.). No offense dude, but if you don't know what you're talking about then no need to respond...

ANYONE got a list of stuff you generally need to replace with aftermarket?

What exactly do you mean? That's kind of a vague question...

The H22 is a complete bolt-in swap for your chassis. You don't really need to replace anything. It's up to you whether you want to add after-market parts or not. It really depends on your budget and power goals...

well i was jus tryna give the guy n idea of things that can b done son he can eventually come up with his own ideas an wat not.

as for the h22 being a bolt in swap its not exactly like that .

- for the h22 to be wired up using the the f22's harness he's gonna have to lengthen the o2 sensor wire.

- the oil pressure sensor and the egr valve have to be swapped form the f22 and also the f22 has an extra coolant temp sensor on the radiator return neck that h22 does not he jus has swap necks between engines.

-now for the headers yes u r right that the h22's stock exhaust header is pretty good but it will only b useful if the h22 he's getting is a 93-96 usdm h22 but however if he get's a jdm h22a the down pipe has a larger flange that will not bolt up to the cb7 cat most likely hes gonna end up getting a h22a so thats y i told him to get an aftermarket header.

No offense son, but if you don't know what you're talking about then there is no need to respond...

Son? Right...how old are you? 19?

Did I say anything about the wiring? No, I said it will drop in and bolt up, which is true. Obviously some minor changes have to be made to the F22's harness to make it work.

As for the header, if you have specific information like that, then why didn't you say it the first time? Saying "ur gonna want an aftermarket header i might b wrong but the h22 one wont fit or somtn like that" doesn't exactly make you sound like a reputable source of information, ya know?

Or did you go look that info up after you read my post to make yourself look smart?

Anyway, technically the down-pipe's going to be bolting up to the cat converter, not the cat-back. And if he wants to use an after-market cat or he wants to delete the cat altogether, then he'll be fine with the JDM manifold, which, like I said, is a nicely-designed piece.

Got anything else to add?

Last edited:
i dont think u fully understand wat i said but the main point of me posting was to help the guy out i dont kno wat ur purpose is but i hope that mechanically challenged gets wat he wanted out of the thread an nex time be a lil more specific in ur questions otherwise let us kno how it turned out

How do you figure I didn't understand what you said?

The H22 will physically bolt-in to his car. When I say "bolt-in" I mean just that. It will bolt-in using stock mounts, no cutting/welding required. I realize that some minor wiring changes have to be made, but stuff like that doesn't fall under my definition of a "bolt-in" swap. Maybe your definition is different?

As for the header, what's so hard to understand? The JDM manifold's collector is bigger, yes, I get this. If he wants to bolt it up to his car's stock cat converter, then you're correct, it won't work. It's nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of exhaust work however. A lot of after-market headers use larger collectors too, so it could be a problem regardless of which route he goes.

And sorry if I offended you, but it just seemed like you didn't really know all that much about this particular swap or Accords in general, so I just wanted to make sure the OP got some decent information out of this. Which, like you said, is the point, right?

Back