91 Accord Progress

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good luck my cb7 is in my shop with a hole the size of my fist in the tranny. :D

Good luck my cb7 is in my shop with a hole the size of my fist in the tranny. :D

need one? I have 2 F22 tranny's, one in my CB7, the other in storage. I'm going to start locating a new clutch. Maybe a Comp Clutch, or one that luis had me looking at.

:werd:
My moms 91 Accord just popped a rad hose, then the tempature control valve broke off while trying to replace the hose.

Accords are seeming to brake down a lot lately, I wonder why that is?

keep your taint to yourself! Actually my hood latch was stuck. This morning on the way to work I noticed the hood wanting to open up on me. I just went slow to work 1 deg this morning, I wasn't fucking with it

need one? I have 2 F22 tranny's, one in my CB7, the other in storage. I'm going to start locating a new clutch. Maybe a Comp Clutch, or one that luis had me looking at.

Im broke dude iv been trying to get my shop open for business for months now.

I have a tranny i have to pick up for 50 bucks with like 68k on it i just cant get there to pick it up with no wheels.

Update!!!!!!!

So today I laid the primer down. By the end of this week there should be paint and clear coat on it. xD

PICS ARE HERE! Scroll down

Last edited:
Yes, I'm fully aware that I didnt tape up the windows which obviously leads to paint on glass.

SANY1161.jpg

SANY1138.jpg

SANY1135.jpg

SANY1142.jpg

Only two places where I had to sand out runs, and only because after I washed it, I forgot to air blow all the water out, so when I started to spray, water came out. :huh:

SANY1139.jpg

SANY1140.jpg

OH NOES! Gray gas cap.

SANY1141.jpg

Last edited:
More Pics. If you've noticed, I've yet to lay any paint on the hood. That's because I'm going to replace it and paint the new one black, or something. Its got 2 dents and its really weak, going down the road is flops, and I hate it. So replace it and be done with it.

And now for the pics.

SANY1134.jpg

SANY1166.jpg

SANY1163.jpg

SANY1159.jpg

SANY1149.jpg

SANY1146.jpg

SANY1175.jpg

SANY1174.jpg

SANY1172.jpg

I get to start wet sanding it tomorrow and spraying the second coat.

Last edited:
what are you using to spray??cans or actual paint in a gun??
it looks to be tiger striped,and why the 13 on the side?

good answer, but im not mexican.... nor in the mafia. its my race number. Sounds gay to put it on the car, but yeah. The story behind the number is the first time I've ever went to race on a local drag track, they handed me that number out of all of them. That night I ran a great the entire night. So I kept it, that number wont be so blunt and obvious when Im done. Its tiger stripped because I mixed the paint wrong and it over sprayed. I'm using laquor paint, or however you spell it, today I wet sanded the car down, sprayed another coat, except this time I thinned it more so it wouldnt be so thick, then waited for a while, and sprayed the clear coat.

Monday I'm going to sand it lightly and put the last clear coat then be done with the car.

Remember, this is my first time ever picking up a gun and going about on my own paint job, so its going to be kind of rough being I'm just learning. But upon this experiance. I like it, and I think I want to try to make a career out of it. Not sure yet.

thats understandable,but you know you can get vinyl stickers made for cheap(that way it doesnt have to be painted on the car)

Lol trust me with this. I've already painted it on, when I went over with the second coat, its covered the 13, and in the light you can barely really notice it, I havent see how it looks in the sun light yet. Kind of a amateur ghost type thing.

Lol trust me with this. I've already painted it on, when I went over with the second coat, its covered the 13, and in the light you can barely really notice it, I havent see how it looks in the sun light yet. Kind of a amateur ghost type thing.

So this is really your first time painting a car?

By not using a rat tat tat can. yes. This is the first time I've grabbed the gun my self and started on it. No one else spraying, mixing the thinner or anything. I've done some sit in's and watched what they did and all. but never did it. Theres no one holding my hand either, Im in that room by myself and making the mixing decisions myself and asking questions between time frames.

Monday will be the final clear coating progress and back to figuring what im going to do about that rod bearing. Hopefully in the next week or two. I'll be done with the Civic's paint and I can quit this job and go out of town in hopes for a better job and better income.

more pics

So, I got the second coat of clear on. but I'm not too happy with it being I neglected to use a paint cone strainer, and some trash got mixed into it, and sprayed on the roof, and some odd amount of places, so im going to let it sit and dry, sand it once more, then the last two coats will be strained well, and be the final and last of doing this car.

Here' some pic updates.

SANY1171.jpg

SANY1176.jpg

SANY1178.jpg

a local painter stopped by and looked at it, and said that I didnt do that bad considering the type of paint im using isnt easy to use at all. He also said I have a good amount of potential with this, and I got the basics down. So that makes me feel ALOT better about this.

Last edited:
Last Paint Update

So I'm finished with the paint, got all the tape off, tail lights back in, corner lights, etc. Rim's are back on and these are the end results of the paint. the only thing im going to do body wise, is replace the hood, mirrors, and tail lights, and I'll be just happy with the body.

SANY1188.jpg

SANY1189.jpg

SANY1190.jpg

Last edited:
looks great, i like this....
been considering buying a 90-93 accord.

Back