91 Accord SE 4door brake light and window help needed!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

davidcrevenston

91 Accord SE 4door Automatic brake light that comes on intermittent….
Hello to all 1st and foremost thanks to all that helped out with my previous inquiries on the site. I need some more help now as I am chasing a ghost here that Is what I feel like. I have a brake warning light that comes on only when the car is sitting in the sun for a while and then goes off after I drive the car then remove the key and then restart the car. This warning light usually means there is a bulb burned out but obviously I have a short as I have already replaced all the bulbs in the rear of the car. Also I will add that all the lights are working fine in the rear of the car as I saw them working when someone else used the brakes for a test. I am at a loss here on what to check next and what could be wrong seeing that I have already troubleshooted a lot of things. I believe this to be model specific as I owned other 90 accords (2 door) and this never happened before. I am sure there must be someone on these forums with the same/similar problem on the same year/model Honda. Hence why I am typing here and if so can someone please advise me why this is happening and what can be done to fix this problem. I also might add there is a strange looking computer box with 2 lights in the back trunk on the passengers side. I don’t know what it is or what it does? I am wondering if this control box could be connected to my problem. Please advise me if anyone on here knows anything. Since the problem only occurs for a short while and then goes away it is very hard for me to trace/find any short in the car or where it might be. Does anyone on here know if these accords were prone to have shorts in the rear of the cars wiring? If so where is the short as that could be my problem? Thanks for your help on here look forward to hearing from some of you.
Dave

91 accord SE auto 2.2L Need Help with driver's side Window

Hello to all thanks for your help with previous posts 1st and foremost. On the drivers door window when I roll it up it catches at the top left spot of the window on the rubber molding. This causes the window to not roll up properly which eventually will cause a leak. Right now it is still rolling up all the way but it is misaligned when it rolls up and you can see the rubber molding caught in the window in the upper left hand corner of the drivers side window. I don’t have this problem on any other window weird hah. I have talked to other owners on the CB7'S and they said it was a common problem but told me no way to fix it they said don't worry about it. Well the problem is the window does not roll up properly and with the rubber molding caught in the window it is eventually going to cause a leak. As a quick fix I have had to push the window a little bit in and to the left as it is rolling up with my finger and that gets it back in line correctly. However I am looking for a way to fix this properly without having to disassemble the whole door panel please advise me. I am sure someone on here has had similar problems with their CB7 90-93 model what did you do to fix this please advise. I should add I did read the Haynes manual and according to what I read there is nothing that is miss aligned or out of whack that would cause this. So even If I were to take off the door panel and try to align everything properly it still would not make a difference as there is not any aligning points in the window track according to what I have found out so far. Thanks for any help you can give me with this problem.
Dave

Hi Dave- welcome to Hondaswap! Someone will be by to help answer your questions. A few tips:

Don't post your question all over the forum- it will get answered. Just put one copy in the correct location.

Punctuate and separate.

Okay thanks I did not know that as I am new here. I did not know which one is better for this ? accord section or repairs sections please let me know which is better thaks.

Back