91 accord weight reduction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

streetracinghn

how far have you gone n weight reduction on your street car. by this i mean i have tags n drive it on the street daily. post pics if u have them lookn 4 ideas for my car :worthy:

Took off door panels (in my Sedan front and back), rear seats, deck panel, headliner, dome light, removed all panels in trunk, spare tire, jack, front passenger seat, a pillar molding, kick panels, center console, e brake console. That's about it.

man i would hate to have to put all that back. i wanted to keep my interior looking nice so i only took out the spare tire, tools, cargo covers (from my hatch), and my passenger seat. doesnt sound like much but all that weighs about 100lbs.

i took the whole interior out except 2 front seats, 2seat belts, dash, 2 floor mats,
i took out even the heater core
i just left the dash and cluster in,
i have a 90 hatch and will be putting a gsr leather dash with gsr obd1cluster and i am not sure what seats but i will also have sparco harnesses
my car is veeeery light
but im delaying working on it i think to buy another mercedes like the one i rolled

i got a 91 hatch and i took out back seats, spare tire, tools, carpet, center consol (my stereo is electrical taped in place ;\) looks like shit but i shaved off around 100-150 lbs which make sup for my fatass.

I just scraped up all of the sound deadening crap form my 94 hatch. Not real hard to do, but time consuming. Just take up the carpet and use a long flat head screw driver and start peeling it up. I put it all in a trash bag, probably weiged 25 to 30 pounds. Good time to pressure wash your carpet too. U could also leave the carpet out it ways a ton..

How about weight addition.....I have 2 10's, amp, spare tire, clothes, a/c, lots of cd's, jumper cables, heavy wings west kit, jack, star wrench, and i bet there is more that i just cannot think of. :thumbsup:

No, i do not live in my car. :thumbsdown:

Cheers yo! :beer:

Only pulled out crap I didn't need. Power steering and all it's plumbing, the entire A/C system... condenser, compressor, dryer, cores, pipes, weighed a ton. I also dropped a few pounds when I put my headers in. Stock manifold is HEAVY, pitched it and took a chunk out of the sidewalk. Also got aftermarket wheels that weigh about 4 to 5 pounds less at each corner.

Back