91' B16A1 swap running crappy!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18C1THatch

Me and my friend just swapped out his old D16A6 out of his 91' Civic and put in a B16A in and then he took it to the shop and had it wired for VTEC and it starts and runs now but the ECU's throwing 2 codes #'s 8. and 9. (8) is the Top Dead Center sensor and (9) is the CYP cylinder sensor. Does anyone know how to replace these and where they are??? Just out of curiosity what about is a 91 hatchback with a stock b16 soposed to run in the quarter mile?

Thanks!!

Originally posted by B18C1THatch@Feb 12 2004, 03:24 AM
Me and my friend just swapped out his old D16A6 out of his 91' Civic and put in a B16A in and then he took it to the shop and had it wired for VTEC and it starts and runs now but the ECU's throwing 2 codes #'s 8. and 9. (8) is the Top Dead Center sensor and (9) is the CYP cylinder sensor. Does anyone know how to replace these and where they are??? Just out of curiosity what about is a 91 hatchback with a stock b16 soposed to run in the quarter mile?

Thanks!!

those codes are in the distributor...usually motors don't come with very good distributors...you could have the b16 dizzy rebuilt using 90-91 ls dizzy internals...or run a 91 Si and cut of the bottom right wing so it fits just until you can get a new b16 one or your old one rebuilt. as for 1/4 mile times, depends on the motor, i've seen some stock b16's in a crx make a low 14 second passes and other b16 crx's make mid 15 second passes. of course it has to do with driver, tires, track conditions, ect. but you get what i mean.

Thanks man!!! It just pissed me off bad because I have a 87' Lude Si beater with the A20A3 with intake and apexi muffler and it smokes the B16 it trys i can tell cuz it goes crazy in first gear when the VTEC kicks in. :D

I dotn thinkg you can use the d Distributor... but more than likely you can use the same OBD B series distributor. Good Luck... you should also be throwing a code 15 as well....

You're probably out of luck on that dizzy if it's bad, the best option would be to go to Hmotorsonline and get a new one for 150$. Sorry, but dizzys are expensive...

Ian

Originally posted by Iquark@Feb 17 2004, 01:04 AM
You're probably out of luck on that dizzy if it's bad, the best option would be to go to Hmotorsonline and get a new one for 150$. Sorry, but dizzys are expensive...

Ian

they are not new they are used from japan... get the shit str8 y0'

Back