91 B18A1 with a 94 GSR Transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spdr

I have a 91 B18A1 out of an Integra LS with a 94 GSR 5 Speed Transmission. I was wondering if I get the intermediate and half shafts for the gsr transmission if the intermediate will bolt to the engine... also will the half shafts for the 94 gsr fit in the crx alright? And also can I use the passenger side LS Transmission half shaft on the gsr tranny? Just a few questions I had because I'm sort of confused about the whole deal. Any other input is welcome also... Thanks

We'll see thats the thing.. its still a cable transmission.. thats why I don't really think it is a 94 gsr..although it has to be because the LS intermediate shaft doesnt mate up with the engine block because the tranny pushes it too close to the block.. so thats the only thing I can think of.. I don't think a gsr b17a tranny would even fit up with a b18.. did they make a cable tranny for a 94 gsr?

I'm not sure if this helps any.. since this has more turned into a transmission identification now.. but the transmission does say YSK1 allover it.. whats that mean exactly?

Originally posted by spdr@Oct 30 2003, 08:13 AM
We'll see thats the thing.. its still a cable transmission.. thats why I don't really think it is a 94 gsr..although it has to be because the LS intermediate shaft doesnt mate up with the engine block because the tranny pushes it too close to the block.. so thats the only thing I can think of.. I don't think a gsr b17a tranny would even fit up with a b18.. did they make a cable tranny for a 94 gsr?

ALL b- serise Engines and Trannys are compatable with each other..

I don't think a gsr b17a tranny would even fit up with a b18.

YES!!! IT WILL FIT...

did they make a cable tranny for a 94 gsr?

NO!!!!... 94+ integras has hydro trannys......

although it has to be because the LS intermediate shaft doesnt mate up with the engine block because the tranny pushes it too close to the block..

what are you saying?
does the shaft bolt up and fits the tranny?...if so.....IT FITS..no matter how close it looks to the block.

No.. what im saying is, is that the spindles fit in the transmission fine.. but then the bolt pattern wont fit against the block when the spindle is in.. its like the bracket needs to be offset a little more to allow it to line up with the block and bolt on.. what do the markings on the tranny mean?

I think what I may have is a b17 tranny out of a 92 gsr.. so im going to go ahead and order a itermediate shaft for a 92 gsr.. i think that will solve my problems..

Back