91 civic axle question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

have a 91 civic hatch, with a B18 motor, the front bearing is shredded, if the splines are screwed up on the axle, would i have to get a special one or is it a stock B18 axle ?

thanks

front bearing??? on what? the wheel bearing?

and B18 what? theres at least 7 different B18_ motors, but i'm going to assume b18A, cable.

91 civic WHAT? dx? si? the hf had weird splines, but the dx and si don't.

be more specific with your question, and you'll find your answer.

sorry about the lack of info, my mind works faster then my fingers, it is a B18A1 non vtech, 91 si hatch, and it happens to be the axle, took a closer look and i was able to spin the rotor freely and it was clicking were the cv joint is , and the balls for the cv joint were falling out, now i went to auto zones website and entered a 91 civic and a 91 - 94 integra ls, and it says the part #'s were the same, it doesnt seem right to me, i thought maybe the axles were shortened, then someone told me that one side is the civic one and other is an integra one, but you know how it is when someone knows something, i kinda take it with a grain of salt .

well, if someone can help it would be great, i havent been steered wrong from this site yet so i have confidence i will get the right answer..

oh and the tranny is an A1

thanks

mike

Back