91 Civic B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JrSiRb16A

sup..gotta quick prob dumb ass question..but im at my breaking point with messing with it..

91 Civic B16A..pretty sure its a place racing Throttle bracket..im having trouble increasing my idle..my shit runs at 5-6 now on idle..which is too low giving the vibrations i get with the place racing motor mounts..spec when i turn on the lights..my idle drops bout 100 rpms..i tried to increase over the weekend and the shit doesnt change..so maybe im doin somethin wrong..all im doin is tighting the nut on the right side of the bracket correct?..ive tightin this but it doesnt seem to increase the idle..has anybody ever had problems with this bracket?..or am i doing somethin wrong?...what is a good idle for my car..

also just some advice even know i figure nobody has probably never bought these shits anyway..BOSCH PLATINUM +4 spark plugs..i bought them last week..first time i hit VTEC..one of them fouled out..car ran like shit..till i got some NGK's..
any help is appreciated..JR

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A@Mar 7 2004, 08:21 PM
sup..also just some advice even know i figure nobody has probably never bought these shits anyway..BOSCH PLATINUM +4 spark plugs..i bought them last week..first time i hit VTEC..one of them fouled out..car ran like shit..till i got some NGK's..

well if the price didn't stop most of us from buying those, other's stories before you has...yeah you can adjust the idle with the throttle cable, but i don't know why the bracket would mess you up...anyways just adjust the idle using the screw on the tb instead

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Mar 7 2004, 09:13 PM
anyways just adjust the idle using the screw on the tb instead

Read my mind thats what I do,adjust the Screw on the Throttle Body.Also the timming might be off.

Back