91 civic b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
I'm swapping a 91 Teg b18a1 into my EF, b18a1 cause i dont wan to convert to obd1, and its to much for a b16 motor and trans anyways. What wiring harness should i use? A combonation of the Teg and stock Civic. Can I keep the Teg harness on the Teg motor and use the Teg ECU? Will that set up plug into the car? My car is not an Si , its a shitty Dualpoint motor so should I buy an Si harness. This is the only thing that I'm having trouble finding info on. Just some advice so I dont get everthing together and not have what I need.

Last edited:
Best thing to do first is a DUAL POINT to MULTI POINT SWAP it will make your life easier. I have a B18a1 swap in my 90 hatch it was a Dual point but i converted it into a Multi point. Here is a website i got my info from i used it to do my friends conversion. You can also use this website (hondaswap) for alot of info. I am using the obdo 91 integra ecu plus a combination of my stock harness and Si harness.

MPFI Swap

Last edited:
yeah but why would i convert to mpfi if the Integra ecu is mpfi and so is the motor.? that is what i'm having trouble understanding. i wont use the stock civic ecu, so no sense in pining it out right?

Get in contact with Rywire - Online Store
They can probably get you a jumper harness and any sub harness you'll need to make it plug and play. Well worth the money.

yeah but why would i convert to mpfi if the Integra ecu is mpfi and so is the motor.? that is what i'm having trouble understanding. i wont use the stock civic ecu, so no sense in pining it out right?

that's not the point. your wiring harness isn't set up for 4 injectors, you don't have to completely swap your wire harness. I had to mod my stock wire harness. everyone who does a motor swap in a DPFI ef has to do it, but i promise it's worth it in the end.
I have a 91 hatch DX with stock wire harness/Si harness JDM OBD2 B18B and OBD0 90-91 LS ECU and 90-91 LS Dist.

Because you have a DUAL POINT civic you cant do a plug and play with the integra engine harnees or an 88-91 Si engine harness. You have to take your stock engine harness and modify it to accept 4 injectors. Do do this you need your stock engine harness and a 88-91 Si harness plus the injector resistor box. After you modify your harness you need to splice and move some wires around on the ecu plugs under the passenger carpet. If you visit that website i recommened it explains how to do all that. I did the same on my civic and so far i havent ran into any major problems I even using a 88-91 Si distributor on mine.

So i dont need the Integra harness, just the injector resitor box (from the Integra or the Si or are they the same?) and the Si harness? The Integra ECU or the Si?

You don't necessarily need the Si harness, it's just nice to have for the wire clips and such already there to use.
Heres what you'll end up with..

1. LS Motor
2. LS ECU
3. DX harness converted to MPFI.

Simple as that.

Doesn't he need a jumper harness to plug that ECU in? I mean unless he gets the Integra ECU plugs and pins his harness into it. I thought the plugs were different.

If it is an Integra obdo ecu the plugs will match up. You should only need a jumpper harness if you go from an obdo ecu to an obd1 ecu.

the person who started this well ur a idiot u can get a rsx motor for 1k at a Junk yard so hmm i wonder how much weaker engines are ooooooo dun dun dun ii got a whole front clip actually for 1400 Type R imported just go to cities that are on the coast means that they should have a import station make sure there are salvage yards tho.. San Diego best bet for fellow Californians

He's not an idiot, he's just keeping it simple.

K swaps are stupid. Lots of money for the motor, mounts custom crap, and you get a motor under 300hp.
Boost a SOHC d-series and you've got that.
K-seres is overrated to me.

They make a linkage that is made for the swap if you want to spend the money i have heard people shorten them also so either will work.

I am in the process of the same swap... I am still looking for parts to complete it .....but I mean to my knowledge
If you are going with a 90-91 integra Ls motor (b18a1) then you will need a stock integra harness from that same year or a crx si harness....And Rywire (sent my harness to them) are going to convert my stock dx harness to SI will have to pin out a few wires but seems to be the easiest route
Like everyone said though if you go to MPFI its a lot easier to swap anything in them...its a p.I.T.A but well worth it...

b18a1
obd

Just remember to K.I.S.S keep it simple stupid.
DPFI -> MPFI swap, plug it into the LS. Plug in the PR4. start it up and drive.

Back