91 civic b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the person who started this well ur a idiot u can get a rsx motor for 1k at a Junk yard so hmm i wonder how much weaker engines are ooooooo dun dun dun ii got a whole front clip actually for 1400 Type R imported just go to cities that are on the coast means that they should have a import station make sure there are salvage yards tho.. San Diego best bet for fellow Californians

I live in Ohio dumbass, so for a type r front end for 1400 hundred it would cost that much to ship it back here. I'll stick to 600 for my b18 and be just fine. I'm not building a 8 second drag car on a million dollar budget. A respectable street car will be just fine for carving the country roads. And how much does it cost to have costum motor mounts made, the tranny, costum suspension for the heavier motor and all that. The RSX motor only makes what 200 220hp stock thats not hard to acheive with a b-series that makes 140 or so stock. Intake, throttle body, cams and an exhaust, if you wanted to go N/A with it.

Last edited:
He's not an idiot, he's just keeping it simple.

K swaps are stupid. Lots of money for the motor, mounts custom crap, and you get a motor under 300hp.
Boost a SOHC d-series and you've got that.
K-seres is overrated to me.

agreed K-series is shit if you ask me....(ma friend blew one 10k's after fitting it in which was installed professionally) just keep it simple....

now that i got the wiring figured out, what mounts would give me the best engine angle without having the oilpan an inch from the ground. i dont really wanna spend a bunch load of money. Place racing?

Innovative, Hasport, Avid.

I'd stick with just those three, because they are all proven.

Ebay usually has good deals on Avid and innovative.

I dont want billet its too expensive. are the Aivid and Innovative CNCed or Mild steel? Hasport has the billet but its out of the buget

Back