91 civic dx rally

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ltboarder

I've got a 1991 civic dx sedan, i've already put in new suspension and now i'm looking to do exhaust, i've ordered cold air intake, and plan on getting an ECU chip, and also plan on doing port/polish, injectors, turbo and all of that further down the road but my question is, when i weld in my new exhaust, is the engine rotation going to crack my header because i dont have the flex joint in there? and any other advice on what i should do with my car, my goal is to have a rallyish car when i'm done. i'm also willing to redo the suspension if anyone has any ideas on how to get more ground clearance.

You'll probably want to have a flex pipe in there somewhere espeically if you're on stock motor mounts. To reduce engine movement you could fill your mounts with that 3M stuff that people are using (google it, I don't know where I saw it). I run Hasport street mounts and they're very stiff, very little engine movement and I still use a flex pipe.

Back