91 civic DX swap! Help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D16a

D16A
Hey all, I want to swap a D16A (equal to Ex/Si 92-95) into my 91 civic dx. I wanted to know if it was possible? Here is a list of what I have

Parts:
92-95 motor (with complete engine harness)
P28
89 Si tranny (keeping it cable)
89 Si dash harness (recked CRX Si)

I'm also getting a obd0-obd1 jumper harness. Will it be a plug and play after I put in the Si dash harness in? Let me know what is the best route I'm open for suggestions.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey all, I want to swap a D16A (equal to Ex/Si 92-95) into my 91 civic dx. I wanted to know if it was possible? Here is a list of what I have

Parts:
92-95 motor (with complete engine harness)
P28
89 Si tranny (keeping it cable)
89 Si dash harness (recked CRX Si)

I'm also getting a obd0-obd1 jumper harness. Will it be a plug and play after I put in the Si dash harness in? Let me know what is the best route I'm open for suggestions.
Youll need to rewire the engine harness to fit the OBD0 plugs or adapt the dash harness to fit the engine harness

Thanks for the info guys! I actually was thinking of just swaping the dx dash harness with the 89 Si harness and than swaping in the D16A using a jumper harness. But i'll try to do some rewiring as well to make sure everything works. I'm sure the wiring won't be hard. Also it's not a Z6 going in it's a JDM D16A from what I've researched

this is the engine you have, correct? if so, it is the same as a D16Z6

D16A.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
this is the engine you have, correct? if so, it is the same as a D16Z6

D16A.jpg

Yes it is. I've already mention that in the pervious posts. I wonder if it's worth doing, I mean this Dx motor has over 266,000 miles on it. And I just need something reliable to commute to work.

It's well worth it. Im actually doing a similar swap on my 90 civic DX HB. Only difference is that I will be installing D16Y8. As for wiring Im going to stay OBD-0 hence the z6 Intake manifold. So all i have to do is convert DPFI to MPFI no resistor pack needed. plus the OBD-0 distributor fits with no mod on the Y8 head.
Good luck on your setup. Here's my setup if you need more info
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69739

Back