91 civic dx swap to GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nlecy789

i am thinking about buying a 91 civic hatch and i am thinking about doing a gsr swap or a b16 swap i would really like to do the gsr swap so i was wondering wat modifacations i would half to do, like will the moter bolt right in to the stock motor mount or would i have to modify them, and would i have top get a diffrent ECU and transmision and shift linkage and any thing else please let me know

thanks
Nate

Research is your friend.

A B-Series swap into an EF will require new mounts, new linkage, new axles, and wiring along with the motor, transmission, and ECU.

So what motor could i get the most torque and horsepower out of, and would be easy to do? i know single overhead cam vtec but that is not that quick my buddy did a swap him self and his car is slow he gets beat by f22 accords that just have intake and exhaust, so i dont really want to go that way, i was thinking GSR or a b16 swap but i dont know if me and my buddy would be able to do that! would a 91 si trans work for GSR or b16? and what exactly would u have to do with motor mounts?

Back