1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 civic hatch swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Xave2541, May 6, 2011.

1. Xave2541

Xave2541 New Member

I currently have the super fast D15b1 engine (he said sarcastically) Someone told me that if i wanted to swap engines i would have to change fuel stuff which would be pretty hard. I have an accord so i dont really know how my little civic works. but i know i want more than 70 hp. So can someone give me a littl run down on how things go with swapping this engine...

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

if you stay non vtec d-series, its literally drop in, plug and play, as long as you stay in the same obd generation, find a 88-91 si and snag the d16a6, good 20hp drop in and alot more fun, shit find a whole parts cars and use the rear disk brakes

3. 91_stylin_civic

91_stylin_civic Member

how much are you looking to spend?I have a 91 civic hatchback im looking to sell. im trying to get pics up but without a cpu its hard. If your interested txt or email me. I can send pics from my phone. 6*0*9*4*2*5 four one nine two. it has a b16a(OBDO), da Integra front and rear brake conversion, energy suspenion bushings all the way around, I have full interior just not in the car. just to name a few mods. In the vehicle forsale section there is more details.

4. Xave2541

Xave2541 New Member

Thanks So if i stay with the D series its pretty much the same but what if i want to switch to the B series

5. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

6. nkantz

nkantz New Member

Mpfi conversion is fairly easy although time consuming. Add 5 wires to your ecu harness and move a few more around. There are schematics all over the web for mpfi conversion. I did it in my 91 hatch when i threw the b18 ls swap in. Took a couple hours the first time but it gets easier.

7. anelson07x

anelson07x New Member

is the D16a1 from the 1g integra a direct bolt in to the 90 crx/civic also?

8. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

um yea its not, its a direct drop in for a 1st gen rex from 84-87 or civic 78-87

9. Xave2541

Xave2541 New Member

Can i do that Mpfi conversion and ride with my regular engine for the time being...

10. Xave2541

Xave2541 New Member

Okay i see why i wanna do that to change the generation of my car of sorts... In saying that do they make the b series OBD0

11. 91_stylin_civic

91_stylin_civic Member

yes my 91 hatch with a b16 is still OBD0 . I used premade harness very clean set up.

12. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

yess they make obdo b-series engines, just google it bro seriously theres tons of info out there

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted