91 civic hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

morgan_spydergt

Ok, alot of ya'll Mech. and Shadetrees probably know this , but i searched on here for hours and days at a time to try to get some insight into how to remove the alternator from a friends 91 hatch,

spent 6 hours trying to do the actual work , 4 of which were spend just looking at it fiddiling with the darn thing ,

its really simple , after its disconnected , tuck it behind the motor from the right hand side to the left hand side ... then just weasle it out around the plumbing/hoses that are in the way ... should take no less than 2-3 minuets to remove once you see the path it should take....

The easiest way I found to remove the alternator was to unbolt, but not remove the master cylinder. You can ease it over until the alternator comes out. A little trickier to put back in, but the same principle applies.

i tried the cylinder , gave me nothing but a headache ... my motor was in the way so i pulled the mount off and lowered it on a jack a lil bit , still couldnt get it out ... im telling ya , its just so much easier to pass it from the right to the left ... on the left hand side theres nothing but air , it pulls right out easy as pie ..

I wont argue your way, ive never tried it before. Ill keep your method in mind next time i have to change it.

Back