1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 civic hatch

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by morgan_spydergt, Mar 25, 2007.

1. morgan_spydergt

morgan_spydergt New Member

Ok, alot of ya'll Mech. and Shadetrees probably know this , but i searched on here for hours and days at a time to try to get some insight into how to remove the alternator from a friends 91 hatch,

spent 6 hours trying to do the actual work , 4 of which were spend just looking at it fiddiling with the darn thing ,

its really simple , after its disconnected , tuck it behind the motor from the right hand side to the left hand side ... then just weasle it out around the plumbing/hoses that are in the way ... should take no less than 2-3 minuets to remove once you see the path it should take....

2. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

The easiest way I found to remove the alternator was to unbolt, but not remove the master cylinder. You can ease it over until the alternator comes out. A little trickier to put back in, but the same principle applies.

3. morgan_spydergt

morgan_spydergt New Member

i tried the cylinder , gave me nothing but a headache ... my motor was in the way so i pulled the mount off and lowered it on a jack a lil bit , still couldnt get it out ... im telling ya , its just so much easier to pass it from the right to the left ... on the left hand side theres nothing but air , it pulls right out easy as pie ..

4. Periculum

Periculum Senior Member

I wont argue your way, ive never tried it before. Ill keep your method in mind next time i have to change it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted