91 civic HB B16 swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jim747

Hi everybody.New to the site. I have a 91 civic HB standard,and my son has a 91 civic HB Si. We just got them. I'm a young 50 so I think the B16a DOHC vtec will be ok for me but my son would like something more.Can some of you guru's tell me what cars I can get the hydro clutch off of?[ everything from firewall to tranny]. DOES ANYBODY know anything about NAD AUTO in norcross GA that sells JDM motor swaps? They are close to me and they said I could come hear the motors run before I buy they. Does someone know what kind of gas milage we could expect on a B18 DOHC VTEC? THANKS for ANY help I can get.

My cusin lives in Norcross off of Peachtree Industrial!

That sounds like a pretty good shop. I've never been there, but if they'll start it up for you, thats awsome.
As far as converting your tranny's to hydro, if you buy the B18C1 (DOHC VTEC motor out of Integra GS-R's.), it will be a Hydrolic trans.
However, to use it on your car(s), you'll need to buy the Hydro-to-Cable conversion produced by Hasport Billet Mounts, who also make the best B series into EF mounts(EF is the chassis 'code' for 88-91 civic/crx's.).

To convert/install hydrolic pumps and lines in our cars is.. well.. kind of useless. The Hasport bracket is about $180 and is bolt-on... SUPER easy to install.. Running all the hydrolic lines will be difficult because our cars we'rent designed to accomidate the extra space required for the setup.

it's probably been done.. but I honestly don't think it's worth your time.

Also new to site....have a b16a in 91 hatch si...need to kno if LS injectors will work in place of b16 injectors becouse the fuel rail doesnt sit flush w/intake manifold. Also went obd1..changed ecu and distributer-heard u can use obd0 injectors if u use resistor box but not still not starting...need help, any info is appreciated-located in Phx if there r any from this area i need help-email- dluv-22@hotmail.com or post thread

D-luv 22, don't post 'question' posts in other peoples threads. Read the rules before posting.

Back