91 civic hb std jdm d1sb vtec swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91civichbstd

I was wondering about the jdm d15b vtec swap.

1. Is it cost effecient for a fourth gen hatch?

2. Is it easy to convert the 91 hatch to obd 1. For instance using a modified harness?

3. Does the same performance parts for a d16z6 fits this motor? Ex pistons, cam, rods and timing belt.

4. Where I can find one of these engines and/or ecus for this engine?

5. Do i have to change axles, hubs, mounts or linkages? I would perfer to use either a 91 si trans or dohc zc trans, if so what do i need to use these transmissions.

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Im just trying to get some direction.

Quoted post[/post]]

2. Is it easy to convert the 91 hatch to obd 1. For instance using a modified harness?

3. Does the same performance parts for a d16z6 fits this motor? Ex pistons, cam, rods and timing belt.

5. Do i have to change axles, hubs, mounts or linkages? I would perfer to use either a 91 si trans or dohc zc trans, if so what do i need to use these transmissions.

1. Sure, why not? Its no B16.

2. It is, but you dont have to. You can run the D15B obd0.

3. Yes, IIRC.

4. hmotorsonline.com. bottom line

5. No. You can retain all stock D Series parts. Namely the axles, trans, clutch-n-flywheel.

I say save for a B Swap, little more expensive, but well worth it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

1. Sure, why not? Its no B16.

2. It is, but you dont have to. You can run the D15B obd0.

3. Yes, IIRC.

4. hmotorsonline.com. bottom line

5. No. You can retain all stock D Series parts. Namely the axles, trans, clutch-n-flywheel.

I say save for a B Swap, little more expensive, but well worth it.

JIC

(2) In doing so, will have to retain the OBD0 distributor and still have to wire vtec to a rpm switch. probably get a vafc or chip to run properly. I permanently severed the obd0 plugs and soldered on obd1 ecu plugs and never looked back.

(3) D15B vtec timing belt is one tooth less than the D16Z6s' (103 to 104)

Thanx Guys. I just have a few more questions.

1. Is it better to run the d15b vtec OBD0 or OBD1?

2. I heard that a jdm d15b vtec main journals are the size of a 1.5L and the rod journals are the sizs for a 1.6L. Is this true? :confused:

Back