91 Civic Lowering springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

braass

I lowered my 91 honda civic hatchback on Eibach pro-kit springs with 17' rims on low profile tires. The look of it is really cool, but I did not know it's too low to have another adult ride along as the rear tires scrape the fender walls with every turn and bump along the road.
What are my options:
a) re-install the OEM springs and give away the low cool look
b) install another lowering springs with lesser lowering effect
c) get smaller rims like 13', 14' or 15'

Please, help. thanks.

I'd have to agree with Blanco as usual... but another option you have is to buy adjustable coilovers, from my experience the ride sucks.. but you have the ability to sit lower than stock height.. but not so low that your wheels rub on every bump and turn in the road. It's something to look into if you want to keep the bigger wheels.

ok well here is where your options are....you can either

A) take the 17"s off (i hope for god sake you kept the original rims)

B) go back to stock springs

C) just keep going and hope it all ends up ok

id choose a but you do what you like

You could also roll the fenders and that would buy you a little clearance, but its hard to do without cracking the paint on the fender edges and you probably don't want to respray your fenders. 17's looks stupid on civics anyway, the largest rim I'd run would be a 15". I'd just suggest selling your 17's and getting some nice light 15" wheels, you'll notice a difference in how your car feels. 15" tires are also way cheaper, and have more sidewall than skinny ass tires on the 17's (which = less chance of roll over and better all around for performance reasons).

17's are defenitely way too big bro. Some people even say 16's are too big for civics. A nice set of 15's would defenitely look good. Please dont get coilovers! LOL... the ride is defenitely rough. I use to swear by coilovers for racing but if you want any kind of comfort in a daily driver, go with springs for the look.

hey do you know how to roll the fenders yourself? (asking ma friend bought an evo for show and wants to upsize)

and yeah i agree 16's are way to big....

14s are nice if you can find some watanabe's in 14 (or old skool mx-5 wheels work too)

but 15's would be the money shot.....

f mine had the same prob, he put sixteens on there and it worked good
a friend o

Back