91 civic ls/vtec need info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ls/vtechatch91

ok i bought a b18a1 the other day cuz i wanna stay with obd0 and i wanna do a N/A motor. and i know i need new mounts and wiring and all that stuff... but i was wondering what kind of aftermarket pistons i could get and rods. stock ls pistons give u a bad CR and not much valve clearance and the ls cranks are a longer stroke im going to go take it and get it bored and honed but im only going 2 over stock. Also i was wondering can you use any v/tec head i wanna go with a b16 head but does it have to be obd0????/ thanks for your time

i thought about boring it out to a 81.50 but i donno thats what i ment to say....ok those r b16 pistons right......and also could i use any b16 head or does it have to be a obd 0 head and with a ls distributor work????

it could be any head on the distributor it depens what ecu ur using and if its goin to be obd-0 or obd-1 beter go obd1 use 92ls distributor

pct pistons, i would go b16 like pr3 or p30. ctr might be to high comp

ok.. i understand everything else.. its just im lost on choosing what pistons to you....... i dont really understand it.... can i use b16 pistons and stock ls rods or would i have to get aftermarket ones and would i have enough valve clearance to use bigger cams??? thats the whole part im lost on... cuz i wanna do a all motor ls/vtec... and i want my CR around 10. or so.....

youd have to modify the ls rods. i think the pct/p30/pr3 pistons all use a bigger wrist pin.

You do not have to get specifically a VTEC oil pump.All obd2 oil pumps are the same.Its the obd1 and obd0 ones that are different.If you want to look it up you can,go to a autoparts store and check the part numbers on obd 2 dohc vtec oil pumps and they are the same.CRV,99-00 Si,GSR,LS,type-r all of the obd2 ones are the same.No need to spend a shitload on a dohc vtec oil pump that people sell for alot when you can use another one thats the same and cheaper.

ok i got another question... i have a b16a crank shaft i was wondering if i can put that in a b18a1. if i can do i just use the b16 main caps????? and i got my oil pump off a b16 and a water pump... now i just need the pistons head and tranny

you can use a b16 crank but you'll lose displacement and compression, so big loss of power there, and even if you bore it out the maximum you can get with a b16 crank in a b18 block is 1840cc thats at an 87mm bore

Back