91 civic problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zero2sixtyin3

89 EF Hatch D15B2 w/ 5spd
first off the gauge cluster doesnt always come on when I turn on my lights. any idea why? and also, the engine doesnt always start up when I go to turn it on, any idea what the problems could be with either?

any advice to give and time taken to reply would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

get them at a junk yard and they should be cheap. pull the ignition switch and light switch from a 91 civic. grab the keys for the new ignition switch or have a new key made. as for the diffidulty in installation...the light switch is just a plug in thing. the ignition switch might be different...i'm not sure on that though. check it out. put out a tread on it. someone will help you.

oh i thought it was all one piece...ya learn somethin new every day...

+1 I had to change mine too, and it wasnt very hard.

The ignition switch I bought used from a junker was $5 cause the chick at the counter didnt know what it was.

Check two additional things. For the dash lights, make sure the red/black wire has continuity from your light switch all the way to your radio. For the no start, check the clutch (MT) or neutral (AT) switch.

all right everyone thank for the help appreciate everything. I will check this out and let you know what it was. but until then anyother suggestions are always both helpful and appreciated.

Back