91 civic si lacking power after mini me swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jason22ga

jason91si
hi my 91 civic si is lacking a great deal of power after the mini me head swap.the only thing is that i havent hooked the vtec up yet just have to run the wires from conversion harness but either way shouldnt it have more power than before or even near the same because it dont.oh and the oil light in my car is coming on and staying on and wasnt doing it before and the valves are real loud like its running hot if anyone knows yet whats wrong with my car let me know asap

oil is coming through fine i didnt do anything to the head or the block i know block was fine because i drove it 3 weeks before i decided to vtec it.i checked my oil it says its still full but i havent checked the plugs i guess thats next if the head gasket wasnt sealed good or blown wouldnt it skip.i did follow the book for the torque sequence.

ok i forgot to say that yesterday before i swapped out from the stock distributor to the the z6 one it ran fine with my stock dizzy and stock ecu

ok its not running hot it runs fine until the oil light comes on then theres no power and the valves make a loud ticking noise not like a rod any suggestions

Sounds like you are getting bad oil starvation. Sure you didnt plug up any oil passages?

did you do the vtec oil converison kit thingamagigger? All that routed correctly?

the oil jet was removed from the block and i dont think any oil passages could be blocked and im now runnung the p28 with the z6 dizzy and the valves only make that noise when the oil light comes on

ok iv figured out why my oil light is coming on and yes it was oil starvation the filter in oil pan was clogged but i have another problem the car is still not picking up speed like it should what could that be?

Back