91 civic std swap to b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

masterfulmreric

I have a 91 civic hatchback and i have a b18a1 built and tranny. What i dont know is how to do the swap, its my first. I know i will need new shift linkage and axles but what i need to know is if the half shafts will transfer from the old tranny to the new tranny and is there anything else that i need to know about this swap?

you will need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring changes using your DPFI engine harness

you will need a B-series aftermarket mount kit

you will need a modified shift linkage

you will need 90-93 Integra axles, one left and one right, along with 90-93 Integra intermediate shaft

you will need to swap out your STD knuckles/hubs for knuckles/hubs from 88-91 CRX DX/Si or 88-91 Civic DX/Si/LX/EX

you will need a lot of exhaust work

you will need to take a hammer to the inside of the driver's side frame rail to make clearance for the alternator

Good luck with the swap! make sure to keep us updated and photos would be nice! :D

no you will need to buy b series halfshaft the ef has one long axle and a short one, im doing my a swap on my ef too , i cant figure out the vacuum hose diagram and cooling so if anyone knows let me know please!!!! my car starts but i need theses hoses plugged in to drive

Back