91 civic with 91 integra ls motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

purplekush000

I've had my 91 hatch for a lil bit. I blew up like two d series motors so i thought it was time for something else. i took my d series motor and inner harness out and i put the 91 ingetra harnes in. Everything is done but the wiring that goes under the steering wheel. temp gauge works, tach, oil light works, wipers work, but i dnt have any power to the motor= im nt sure if i do. i dnt know wat it is?
The car was auto from factory i swaped it to 5 speed. i put the integra ecu in and the distributor. i also cant get my rear lights to work. if u know anything plz let me know. I wanna get this motor running b4 i put my b18c5 in. again if u know anything plz help

Why didn't you just leave the factory harness in. All you needed to change was the engine harness. Was something wrong with it?

One for a 91 hatch 5pd. You would just have to extend a few plugs to fit..

Was the car a dpfi before if not just put the factory interior harness back in and go get a good harness I would use one from a 91 civic si..

Yes it was dpfi, i never mpfi swaped it. Another reason i was told to put that ingetra harness in is bc i have a b18c5 motor that will go in after i this one goes. i know that i gota go 0bd1 and get like the p72 or p13 ecu, and get the vtech jumper. i was told since i gota do that it would b easier if i put the tegy harness in

thats a harder way to do it, just go buy a obd0 to obd1 jumper harness. It plugs into where the ecu is and converts it to obd1. And has the car ran since it was converted over to mpfi..

No its not different it just has all the plugs you need, or you can use the hf harness. Oh wait to make the harness plugs work you will need to use a civic hf or si interior harness to. That way the three plugs by the battery will be how they should be to hook up the si or hf engine harness..

I never converted the car over to mpfi, i have nt heard the car run since i took the d series motor out.My car was automatic at one point in time, does that changes anything? Wat is the hf harness, wat is that off of?

The hf is just a different model of civic its the fuel eco model.. if it was automatic then check and make sure that they jumped the wires down by the shifter. This is needed to bypass part of the old auto. Pull the center console off and check to see if its been jumped. If not let me know and I will find out which ones need jumped.. The wires should be a larger size wire bout a 10 guage or so... im thinking they are black w/yellow or black w/white stripe..

I took a look at those wires, they were black with white stripes, and yes they were jumped.
One problem with the other end of those two wires, i dnt have the right clip or plug to go into my fuse box. The plug i have is a lil different and it has extra pins on it. i was thinking that i could find that clip off of an integra and redo the pins.

well it turns out that those two 10 gauge black wires w/ a stripe r crossed but i traced them back the other way and that the clip doesnt plug in to fuse box its like the wrong one or something. it has two extra pin holes that r nt used on the fuse box. i hav a pic but i dnt know how to get it onto this web site. im new to this web site as u can see

You can use photobucket to upload pics... but if the wires are looped together then that part is good... sounds like your problem is in the integra harness that was installed inside the car...

im more then postive that it goes there, im going to the junkyard 2morow to grab it to see wat it does.
Do u think that ma b y my check engine light does nt come on? bc my oil light is on?

so when you turn the key to the on position the engine light doesn't come on.. have you tried checking for codes by making the light flash on the ecu... and are you running a obd0 pr4 ecu..

yes when i turn the key in the on postion the check engine light does nt come on. i am running the pr4. I think that it has to do with the car being automatic, therefore; a couple of the clips r a little different.
One question... wat do those two ten gauge black wires do?
Also how do i get to photobucket?

Back