91 civic with 91 integra ls motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok that makes sense y it dnt do ant thing when i turned the key to see if i would start. im gona try and work on these pics

no post them on here.. or if you have the Go Advanced button by the Post Quick Reply you can go in there and upload the pics...

Wow what a mess.. yeah something is not hooked up right there.. All those wires that are large have to deal with the car starting and all run to the ignition switch. You need to find another DA integra and compare how the fuse box is hooked up... Or put all the factory stuff back in..

its nt as bad as it looks, i had a whole donor car so i have everything that i need. i switched the engine bay fuse box, and the one senor that sits on the back of the fire wall to hook up the intake manifold. I also switched the front and rear brakes.

i was out playing with the wiring today, i was able to get the check engine light, ebrake and my rear hatch light to come on in the dash. However my battery light on the dash i couldnt get to come on? does that need to b on for the car to start? I've about had it with the wire harness to many dam wires.

If i go get the si or the hf wire harness will the car run right? Iit should clip uo to my body harness as well right. i've heard stories that using the d series harness the motor wont run to its full abilities and doing so the car will nt run right

i was reading another thread and i saw u said something about monotech. wat is it? Or should i say who is it?

Last edited:
Running the d-series harness doesn't change anything about the way the motor runs, thats all in the ecu and how the motor is built and tuned... As long as the harness is put back in right everything should work out right.. And also yes the battery light needs to be on to start, check the main battery fuse under the hood. Should be a large fuse bolted in by two phillips head screws... Monotech is a company that makes harnesses for dpfi to mpfi and vtec sub harness. They make quite a bit of different kinds...

if i get the si harness will that clip right into the dx body harness, will the stock engine bay fuse box, and stock interior fuse box still work with the si harness, and will i b able to run the pr4 from it.
2 will the si engine wire harness fit on the b series motor? wat about the distrubutor i know that the clips r a lil different, wat do i need to do about that?

No the Si will not clip onto the dx body harness.. You will have to use the dx and modify it to fit on the motor ie change clips, extend some of them.. other than that you will be good to go,as long as everything is wired up right it will be fine and the pr4 will plug into the dx body harness..

Do u know exactly wat clips i will need to change and/or extend.
Also will i b able to use the distributor thats on the ls motor or will i hav to change that to

I don't recall right off hand which ones need extended, maybe air temp, o2 sensor, water temp, those might be all of them... just plug it in and you will see which ones need extended thats what I do... And I think you will need a 90 ls distributor as I think the 91 is obd1, are the plugs gray or yellowish..

Wait thats the ecu the distributor has two plugs. if the ecu you have takes the gray plugs then thats a obd1 ecu...

so a 91 integra is a obd1 motor? i have a 1.6 ecu that has to clips -a big green and a big black clip

90-91 can be obd0 or obd1 depending on where it was made.. to tell if its a obd1 the dizzy will have two gray plugs both square and the ecu will have three plugs that are about the same size and will be gray. obd0 dizzy will have 2 yellowish plugs one round and one square, the ecu will have 1 long green plug and two black plugs that are close the the same size.

o this motor must b obd1! bc it does have two gray square plugs on the distributor and three small plugs for the ecu. well thats better for me then right cuz obd1 is easie to tune right

yes but its hard to convert a obd0 car to obd1 unless you change all the wiring harnesses in the whole car front to back...

Back