'91 crx/b18a, new clutch..cable trans ..Help please!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ira1991crx

hi 1991 crx b18a cable trans, bout car bout six months ago.. have drove it everyday since.
bout a 3 months in clutch pressure stuck at floor, turned the car off put in 1st, held clutch started her up...seemed fine. 1 week later same thing but wouldent come up with the"start it in gear trick" anyways i had already bout new clutch,presssure plate,bearing.. took it apart turned out that 2 proged clutch release spring was broke on both sides...luckely the local honda had on in stock like 8 buks lol. got car all put back together have drove fine for last months or so Now my new problem...:(
a couple days ago i started to get a shutter when letting off clutch still gripping fine though... i put it up on lift found a little leak where shift rod goes in, fixed that.. still had the shutter though. Today on the way home from work coming up to a red light I depresses the clutch and when i got near floor it "clicked" and pedal came up with no pressure like B4 the new clutch.. i tried the old trick no dice , I got out right there i nmiddle of road and my clutch arm on tranny moved up an down freely, So i adjusted the adjustment there like 30 turns till there was like a inch of threads showing above the plastic nut, got in car... And GOOD PRESSURE TO TOP OF PEDAL<....closed hood started off, NOW this is what really gets me the "shudder" is 100% gone.... wtf???? please help you can call me txt me email me... i have along drive to work this is my baby... an unfortunatly my daly driver...possibly half of that sping just broke but if so why...Car is driving fie RITE now but the adjuster has all of the sone nneded to have an inch of threads showing above the plastic nut all of the sudden to day, i mean im glad the shudder all of the sudden went away at exact same time... ughhh im so stressed u can call me if u wouldent mind whoever..
two six nine -eight two three, nine three nine seven FB = Ira shotts

more info

exedy clutch fadaanza flywheel is the new clutch, and was installed at a honda dealer, and also swap was in car driving when i bough it, and also if it help he clutch was heavily adjusted the day i bout it ie- like an inch of threads showing above the adjuster

Yea i had a 86 prelude that done this.I went thru like five clutchs now the presure plate was fine it was the springs in the clutch that would come out wheni would take the trans out when i would change it.Yea i would be going down the road shifting gears and then hear a noise and then boom petal would go to the floor. finnly got rid of it.After that i thought about it the only thing was left was the transmission shaft had to be bent just enuff over time it would break the clutch loose hope this helps

Yea the clutch would start chattering and about 2 months it would go out

Back