91 crx boosted b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SIKK426

I recently bought a 91 crx and swaped out the motor for a boosted b18. the car has not been tuned yet {so much money} but only with a timing light. often when i hit high rpm or boost the check engine light will come on and the car will spit and sputter . but i turn the key off and on again it will run fine again the idle also jumps from time to time. getting frustrated becoming a money pit please help!!!!!:(:(:(

Last edited:
first off if its not tuned dont drive it, start it only to put it on a trailer to get to the tuner
the cel light is probly for your map sensor they dont like boost, you need your ecu chiped and tuned to fix that , also the spit and sputter is coming from you having the stock injectors still in, your peaking them out and getting what is referred to as fuel cut. post your setup, I cant see you needing more the dsm 450 for injectors

first off if its not tuned dont drive it, start it only to put it on a trailer to get to the tuner
the cel light is probly for your map sensor they dont like boost, you need your ecu chiped and tuned to fix that , also the spit and sputter is coming from you having the stock injectors still in, your peaking them out and getting what is referred to as fuel cut. post your setup, I cant see you needing more the dsm 450 for injectors

:werd: If your not tuned DO NOT DRIVE IT!

car ran fine for a while just lately this started happening.ive drove it around for weeks before this started. with stock injectors! but it has idled ruff all along. why this sudden CEL and sputtering? it only happens some of the time and only at high rpm or boost????

you wanted to see my set up here it is:
JDM B18 FROM 94 INTEGRA
SKUNK 2 INTAKE MANIFOLD
GUDE PORTED THROTTLE BODY
CROWER VALVE SPRINGS AND TITANIUM RETAINERS
COMETIC HIGH BOOST MIS HEAD GASKET
RACE ENGINEERING BLOCK GUARD
MSD BLASTER 2 COIL,RED POWER CAP AND 8.5MM WIRES
ZEX SPARK PLUGS
JACKSON RACING FUEL PUMP
GOLDEN EAGLE VACUUM MANIFOLD
THERMAL R&D 3'' CATBACK EXHAUST
CAT CONVERTER WITH FLEX PIPE AND EXTRA 02 BUND FOR WIDE BAND
4 WIRE O2 SENSOR HARD WIRED TO ECU
ECU FROM EBAY WITH SUPPOSED MUGEN CHIP
FLUIDYNE FULL ALUMINUM RADIATOR WITH 6'' FAN
HASPORT MOTOR MOUNTS
TURBO
T3/TO4E TURBONETICS TURBO CHARGER
SPEARCO FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
SAMCO INTERCOOLER HOSES
TURBONETICS DELTAGATE WASTE GATE
DRAG LOG TURBO MANIFOLD
BLITZ BLOW OFF VALVE
VORTEC FMU
TRANSMISSION
STOCK B SERIES CABLE TRANS FROM JDM CIVIC SIR
ACT 6 PUCK CLUTCH WITH EXTREME DUTY PRESSURE PLATE
AXELS ARE SPLINED FOR CIVIC TRANS AND CRX HUBS
B&M SHORT THROW SHIIFTER
HASPORT SHIFTER LINKAGE
FULL RACE FRONT TRACTION BARS
TAIL LAMPS FROM AN 88
15'' STEEL WHEELS FROM A SCION
KUMHO TIRES

ECU FROM EBAY WITH SUPPOSED MUGEN CHIP
?

Every setup is unique, and will require different fuel maps, those maps are no were close to where it should be.

VORTEC FMU
?
If you want it to last for god sake get rid of the fmu, all they do is increase fuel pressure, spray the shit out of your injectors that are already to small. 8to1, 10to1, 12to1, the ratio doesn't matter, there not reliable. Your not running the correct air/fuel ratio

You said you have a bung for a wide band. Do you have a wide band? if so what is the A/F reading?

the stock injectors have to go they are 240cc, you need atleast 450cc dsm injectors
The duity cycle on the your stock are probley close to 110% with the fmu forcing all that fuel in there.

get the 450cc, get your ecu tuned, I guarantee that you will pick of a ton of power. You have alot of money and time in the motor, dont drive it unless its your only way to your tuner.

thanks for the info t3t4delsol , noticed ypur in york pa me too. ive been going to je in baltimore you know any where else around to do the tuning?????

Back