91 CRX budget swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iDreamofZombies

I'm getting a 91 CRX HF soon, and I have a very low budget to do a swap. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions as to what I should swap into it.

you could pick up an ls swap for around $500 and do a decent turbo set up, thats what I would do

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'm hopefully getting the car sometime in the next 2-3 months, so once I get it I'll start saving up for a swap. I'm not too sure about doing a turbo, because I just want something that would be really good for a daily driver, and get's good gas mileage since I'm a broke 16 year old.

b16a, b18a/b, or even a b20b/z swap. they are all cheap, have potential for a little fun in the crx, and still remain economical and reliable.

i recommend the b16a, you might even find a gsr for that price. for either motor get the jdm ones, more hp with less miles. you should consider getting a lsd tranny too. you will kick yourself in the ass later if you dont get it.

my 2 cents...
where do you live? do you have to pass smog? what kind of people do you have to help do the swap? if i were in the market and came across an HF i would keep it an HF! the gas mileage savings its self would be perfect for a kid like you. and quite frankly i think you should learn how to drive your car first before you put more power into it before you kill your self! one more thing the CRX is rare,a classic if you will. im sick and tired of kids buying them, hacking them up incorrectly for speed and crashing them to be lost for ever. i truly hope thats not you! if it ism, get a CIVIC hatch because there are way more of those the mess up then there are CRX's peace

Wow, ease up. You never wrecked a perfectly good car and lived? Everybody's entitled to crash a classic. It's just a car. I love my 90 hatch but there's more than one.

im running a b16a in my 91 crx si and love it. though its not stock...

my 2 cents...
where do you live? do you have to pass smog? what kind of people do you have to help do the swap? if i were in the market and came across an HF i would keep it an HF! the gas mileage savings its self would be perfect for a kid like you. and quite frankly i think you should learn how to drive your car first before you put more power into it before you kill your self! one more thing the CRX is rare,a classic if you will. im sick and tired of kids buying them, hacking them up incorrectly for speed and crashing them to be lost for ever. i truly hope thats not you! if it ism, get a CIVIC hatch because there are way more of those the mess up then there are CRX's peace
I learned to drive in my mom's Hyundai, so I know how to drive, and I live out in a hicktown, so I know I don't have to worry about passing smog. And I'm getting this car for a sweet deal, $1500 bucks cash! And it's in amazing condition too. I learned how to drive manual in this car, lol.

Whatever swap you decide you can keep the cost down by selling your old parts. Ecm, motor mounts. intake many, harness are worth some money

you wont be selling that harness. you need it to do any of those swaps. all it requires is a little extending of some wires, and the addition of a few others. but yes, sell the other stuff :p

Back