91 crx d16a6 Idle at 2500 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxnonvtec

its a 91 crx dx with a d16a6 swap, jackson racing supercharger, str cam gear, exhaust....I changed the iacv 3 difftimes all the same result, coolant temp sensor is good, swapped map two times same result, iat tested good, new distributor from cap to shaft, new main relay, new o2....vacuum tested good so did the fuel pressure...it runs great just stays at 2500 it dropped once when I drove it a lil and never did again. and no the throttle cable isnt stuck. also I had swapped the whole intake assembly back to the stock intake with all the components and still at 2500rpm. anyone got suggestions?? NO CODES!!!!

timing is dead on and I dont have an fitv...I have something like it on the back of the manifold but I swapped that out too and did nothing

I had the same problem on my jdm d15b vtec and it was a leak at the intake manifold gasket. Does that engine have an idle control diaphragm next to the throttle?

yes it has the diaphram but its sucking back and not touching the throttle the throttle blade is completely closed ...and all the vacuum lines are new and ran properly theyve been gone over multiple times...and the intake gasket is new and tightened properly

I don't know, I have only seen vacuum or timing issues causing a high idle. I will have to think about this one and get back to you.

This may sounds stupid but have you played with the idle air screw on the throttle body at all? that may be out of adjustment. Also have you made double sure that there are no air pockets in the cooling system? The IACVs that you have been using were they new or used? did you try and take any of them apart and see if they came unscrewed inside?

Loose nut behind the wheel? Just kidding.
Try pulling the neg off the battery to see if something needs to be cleared electronically..?
I'd first think it's vacume related. Try some carb cleaner squirted around the charger/intake. If it boggs, you know it's in that area.
Lastly, call Jackson and ax them if this is a regular occurance?

Keep us posted.
E

it did the same thing with the stock intake on also...and this has been on going for months now the battery is disconnected for days at a time sometimes.

i would doubt three iacv's ...two off running cars would malfunction the same...and ive had the car up to temp with fan running and bled the coolant system no air was in it....still stumped and going nuts

does your engine have a fast idle control solenoid valve? The 91 crx with the 1.6L engine has one....

i have 3 ecus 1 chipped from jet and 2 stock it does the same with all. no fitv it has something similar but u cant tighten anything on it like the obd1 models that was obviously one of the first things to pop up when i searched idle problems

Back