91 crx d16a6 Idle at 2500 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when my chip was not connected all the way on my pm6 ecu it caused it to idle @ 2500 but I was not able to rev past 3500 and it ran horrible. So it does not sound like there is a problem there.

have you tried a compression test? IAC Valve or TPS Sensor?
My D16z6 in My 93' Civic had this problem but after it warmed up sometimes it would stop the erratic idle, so just putting those out there.

lol read the thread man..he already tried all that..

im going nuts ...i just keep staring at the engine in the garage waiting for it to say TADAAAAAA Im fixed:eek: its my last option hahahaha

if it was a vacuum leak then y did the vacuum test good on the gauge? all the hoses are new and routed properly
Well of course the vacuum test read good. You're not 'losing' vacuum and your engine is running fine. Spray some throttle body cleaner around all points of the intake manifold gasket. If you the idle changes, you know where your problem is.

It's not idling high for no reason so don't just quit and think you've covered all angles...

im not quitting but after almost two years and being on every forum and reading through the shop manual u cant blame me for losing some hope hahahaha...and I sprayed starting fluid around the intake and no rpm change....I just dont know what would make the idle shoot up to 2500 and stay there...it runs good just idles high...no sputtering or hesitation ... sometime it sucks air through the hole in the tb and sometimes it doesnt idk ive just been over the engine so many times...and its always harder to describe something on the internet

have you checked the two holes in the tb to make sure that the two valves are working correctly

Hi,
Painfil thing to get to the end of but don't give in, a suggestion for rectification of this fault could be the FITV - Fast Idle Thermo Valve. I recently had an issue with my B18A1 and after replacing TB and IACV I had less money and the same fault.
This component is located under the throttle body, three 10mm bolts hold it to the inlet manifold. Remove it then on the fitv you will see there are 2 x 8mm bolts/screws that hold a cover plate on, remove them and under this plate there is a valve that is white in colour and it will be loose, tighten it all the way home reassemble the fitv and refit it and presto!!! no more high idle.
FITV - Fast Idle Thermo Valve

dont give up bro, shit gets frustrating i know, try unpluggin your iacv while running and see if it changes, im sure you have done this but i dunno

If you are going to part it out let me know what you have and where you are. I think you may have allot of the pieces that I have been trying to find for my brothers 89 hatch project. Please pm me with what you are parting out and how much you want for it.

Back