91 crx dx problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goose2

i have a 1991 crx dx with the 1.5 motor it has the dual point throtle body injection.the problem is every time i put my foot into it it just sputters for 3-5 seconds and then takes off.and alot of the time i have to barley push on the gas just to get it to go at all.my mechanic said change out the coolant temp sensor that it controles the injectors so i did and nothing.so i went to a junk yard and got the hole throtle body injectors and all and its still doing the same thing.has anyone had these problems?or know how to resolve?

try advancing you ignition timing yet?? Just a thought....

a friend said to check the mass air flow sensor?
Hondas don't use mass air flow sensor - have you checked the fuel pressure? do you have any codes in the ECU?

I'm having a similar problem with my 88 dx. It sputters especially in the low rpms. It no longer runs, and oil keeps getting into the spark plug cylinders. I'm assuming it's a cracked head or bad head gasket. I replaced the o-rings for the spark plug cylinders 7 times now... the oil part makes me think it's not the distributor though, any thoughts? I'm gonna start a new thread too.

Back