91 CRX DX swap OBD2 GSR JDM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

My brother-in-law wanna swap a motor into his 91 CRX DX. As for far as swap go, we had done it before, but not into a CRX, and it shouldnt be too hard.

These are what I know that would need for the swap. We will definately buy MOTOR MOUNTS, and if he choose newer motor, we would need CONVERSION HARNESS, AND SHIFTLIKAGE. Please comfirm and correct if i am wrong...

What do we need for each of the options below:

1) Go with OBD1 GSR

2) Go with OBD2 GSR

My concern is the shiftlikage problem since CRX is cable and OBD2 motor requires a hydrolic shiftlikage, would the proble solve if we purchase a hydrolic shiftlikage, I know Hassport and some other manufactures have them. Please provide as much infor as you can, it will be helpful. Most likely we will go with the OBD2, so please emphesis your infor on this.....thanks

for your cable transmission to hydraulic concern...Hasport makes a conversion to use hydraulic in a cable car

for your concerns with OBD 1 and 2 you can either run all OBD-0 stuff on the motors ( dizzy, ecu, injectors) or buy the OBD conversion harness from a shop that already built it...i dont remember any links to places that sell them but just do a search...and good luck

Originally posted by Teambypass@Feb 26 2005, 11:32 AM
My brother-in-law wanna swap a motor into his 91 CRX DX. As for far as swap go, we had done it before, but not into a CRX, and it shouldnt be too hard.

These are what I know that would need for the swap. We will definately buy MOTOR MOUNTS, and if he choose newer motor, we would need CONVERSION HARNESS, AND SHIFTLIKAGE. Please comfirm and correct if i am wrong...

What do we need for each of the options below:

1) Go with OBD1 GSR

2) Go with OBD2 GSR

My concern is the shiftlikage problem since CRX is cable and OBD2 motor requires a hydrolic shiftlikage, would the proble solve if we purchase a hydrolic shiftlikage, I know Hassport and some other manufactures have them. Please provide as much infor as you can, it will be helpful. Most likely we will go with the OBD2, so please emphesis your infor on this.....thanks
[post=466501]Quoted post[/post]​

You can get your engine harness reworked to match all the OBD2 stuff at
www.Rywire.com. The tranny would require the hydro conversion, but IMHO, I would go with the hydro.
Jason

Thanks guys, I suppose it would same me more headache and time on the swap since by buying the hydrolic tran and get a wireharness that already prewire to OBD2. Once again thanks, and if i run into any trouble, your experiences will be call upond.

Back