91 CRX hesitation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wishbone318

all,
I need some help. I recently bought a CRX that has started to have some issues lately. The guy I bought it from did a ZC swap and left a DPI intake manifold on it. The CRX has started to hesitate at low RPM and low throttle position. It seems to clear up once I'm rolling above 50 mph but occasionaly show hesitation here as well. I have swapped out the O2 sensors, check for vacuum leaks, and taken the intake manifold off and inspected it. I can't seem to narrow the issue down. Any recommendations to solve this issue. Thanks

I havent done the swap and i have the dpfi but what i believe is that there is probably not enough fuel getting to the motor also what ecu are you runninG?

Yeah i believe for teh dpfi u need the dpfi ecu. Or there is too much fuel going to the injectors, I am surprised the motor is runing, is it throwing codes? Or can you smell fuel?

i had a code a few months back when it was doing this. it was the O2 sensor. i replaced it and it has been fine until now. i dont smell any fuel either. its interesting to hear you say that it might be running rich. i was leaning towards lean, but i will look into it since hondas are not really what i know. thanks for the input so far

Yeah no problem there are some fourms directly for our year cars mabye you should ask around on one of them, you might get better advice/replies

It could be a fuel filter or a fuel pump. Just change the filter and check the fuel pressure or check it then change it. Use a fuel pressure guage, it should be around 40 psi. I had a similar problem on 88 crx once with stock Si motor thou.

Back