91 Crx Hf Mini Me Swap Need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdnghtexpres

I purchased a 91 Crx HF, car came in pieces. D16A6 block, with D16Z6 SOHC VTEC head. Got motor fully assembled in into car. Found on other websites how to make all wire mods except the distributor. All with the FACTORY HF 1.5 Harness. With the TD-42U Distributor can anyone help with a wiring schematic on how to wire the distributor to the stock HF harness. Car has PO6 ECU now,,,, But I do have a P28.... which ecm shouold I use. Any help would be appreciated.

to install the TD42U distributor, you need to either, swap the distributor plugs from OBD1 harness onto the HF engine harness or swap the HF distributor plugs onto the TD42U distributor - match wire colors on both sides of the connection - you have one wire that doesn't match colors - the TD42U distributor has a yellow/green igniter wire where the HF igniter wire is white - the igniter wire in the HF connector is located as shown in the attached picture - you need to use the P28 ECU in order to run the VTEC - the P06 ECU is not VTEC - what wiring changes did you do to the HF harness? - are you using the Z6 OBD1 injectors? if so, did you remove the injector resistor box? are you using OBD0 to OBD1 ECU jumper harness? did you add wires for the 4-wire O2 sensor? did you add the VTEC wires? did you extend the wires for the cooling fan switch? did you extend the wires for the MAP sensor connector?

Siconnector.jpg

thanks for the info.... Here is the answers to your questions. I physically have not done any changes, previous owner did. I am using the z6 injectors, if the resistor box is behind the left strut tower, no I have not removed it. I do believe the jumper harnes is being used, but I am not exactly sure. O2 sensor wires have been added, vtec wires I need information on,,, MAP sensor wires have been extended, no mods to the cooling fan switch yet, I have to do that. Thanks for all your help and info

Back