1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

91 Crx...locks

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Ted O, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Ted O

Ted O Junior Member

Was wondering what I needed to replace all the locks, to use one key, like the ignition, doors, and hatch? Can i pick these up as a set? or is it basically not an option? Thanks

2. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

You need a new set of tumblers all around a keys to match. You may be able to find them new from honda or from certain locksmiths. Try junk yards if possible for used ones, or ebay. It isn't hard to replace the doors and the hatch. You can probably do both doors in a couple hours if your fast. Havn't tried the ignition tho.

3. Ted O

Ted O Junior Member

Alright, anyone on the forums know how I can get ahold of that stuff? Thanks

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

when my car got stolen they broke the steering column so i had to replace the ignition on it. the locksmith charged me $13 to change the tumbler so my old key would work on the new ignition. just go to a junk yard and pull off all the locks on the car. the key code to make keys is on the door and trunk locks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted